PDA

View Full Version : Would like some help/advice from the 85/86 tri-z Gurus out there, Please!

350xman
03-30-2006, 07:58 PM
Hi Guys
I was wondering if any of the 85/86 tri-z gurus out there or anyone else for that matter know if you can still buy a 86 tri-z new OEM stock C.D.I. from your local yamaha dealer. I ve tried several dealers around my area and even as far as 300 miles away and nothing. I was wondering if there is a yamaha version of a "service honda" that you can order from. Basically all the dealers in my area don't even want to talk about 3 wheeler anymore and they always tell me they can't order the parts for the 86 tri-z anymore. Has anyone bought a new 86 tri-z OEM CDI from their yamaha dealer and if so how much, how long ago and can you still get the new CDI's. I need a new CDI because my 86 tri-z won't run properly and I have redone the motor and carb and everything except the CDI. I am taking it back to the shop where I got all the work done at to have them test the CDI once more to double check it. I also have checked on ebay for some used cdi's but haven't come across any as of yet. Also, I thought the 85 cdi wouldn't work in a 86tri-z but the dealer /mechanic told me its a different part is this true? If anyone could help me locate a new 86 tri-z OEM cdi that would be great.
Thanks 350xman

Yamahauler
03-30-2006, 08:04 PM
Go to www.partswarehouse.com you can search OEM parts there....cheapest prices on OEM ive ever seen.

You could find a good used one on ebay too.

thefox
03-30-2006, 08:10 PM
I am no Tri-Z expert but I check partswarehouse.com for you since I have found they had some good prices but it came back the dreaded discontinued. I then check Yamaha.com and is listed it as discontinued too. The part number is different for each year by the way. Have you posted a wanted ad in the classifieds?