PDA

View Full Version : Signed Unhappy

N5HNY
03-30-2006, 03:28 AM
A little John Prine humor there.

Well, I was putting my clutch side engine cover back on my 250ES, when I discovered my el cheapo gasket set is just that. It was ill fitting and caused a leak.

Is it possible to just get the one gasket ? I hate to buy another set for just this one stupid gasket.

Second, I bought some used outer engine hardware off E-bay a few months back. Turns out the two long bolts that go through the rocker box and the head are not there. Anybody got a couple ? Know where I can get them ?

Man I tell ya, basket cases are just sooooo much fun. But they are a challenge !

3 weelin geezer
03-30-2006, 06:46 AM
Did you try some of that 'ultra black silicone' by permatex ? It works pretty good at sealing things and it makes the gasket stick to the case but not too much so that it does not move around while you try to put the bolts back in and get pinched. Its like a third hand. Kinda like the scene where that terminator cop is flying the chopper with one extra hand coming out of his belly. Or was it his fly? :crazy:

N5HNY
03-30-2006, 04:02 PM
John,

Thanks for the offer buddy. Seems like I am raiding your parts stash !

If Bike Bandit has this stuff, I don't mind ordering it from them.

N5HNY
03-30-2006, 04:06 PM
John,

Let me go through all of my bolts to make sure I have the other ones too. The way my luck has been going I would need some more after I got the long ones.

N5HNY
03-30-2006, 04:21 PM
John,

Check your PM.

N5HNY
03-30-2006, 08:28 PM
Geezer.

I removed the gasket and cleaned it with some solvent. I went back with the Permatex 16B Black you were talking about. I think that will fix it. I'm gonna let it cure for a little while.

Whatch that sci-fi stuff now. It will get you thinking to much...........