PDA

View Full Version : 200x brake help!!!

wolfguy
03-30-2006, 03:06 AM
I recently picked up an 85 200x. the front brakes worked when I got it, but they were sticking and dragging real bad. I pulled the caliper, unseized the floating pins, and cleaned out the caliper and piston. Both the floating pins and the piston moved freely by hand after assembly. I reinstalled the caliper and now I can't get it to bleed for anything. I bled the master cylender by hand and I'm getting awesome pressure, but when I try the bleeder on the caliper it just trickles out. I checked the bleeder and passage and it's clear, I checked the brake pads and they are new. What the heck is wrong?? I had pressure before what happened that I'm not getting pressure now??

chris200x
03-30-2006, 05:09 AM
I had alot of problems with the brakes on my 200x. If you know for sure the caliper is good. You probably have alot of air in yout brakeline, Try loosening and tighning the bleeder cap every time you queeze the brake lever. (example: loosen bleeder nut,squeeze handle,,tightenen nut,release handle,,, repeat till the pressure starts to build up unough to open ans close the caliper) to prevent air from coming back into the line. Make sure your MC is full too. If you run that dry,,, youll get air back in the lines. This can be a long and discouraging process for sure.

traxxasx
03-30-2006, 06:07 AM
lol maybe if you get desperate enough, lossen the bleeder nut, take the fill cap off the resivoir, put your mouth over it and squeeze the handle and blow really hard until you see a nice flow of fluid comming out and tighnten the nut before you let air pressure off, 2 people will be easyer. NOTE: i have not tryed it and have never owend a hydrolic brake trike, but it should work if you think about it...just an idea ahahaha.

edog
03-30-2006, 08:58 AM
Go get a brake bleader kit.This will fix it.

wolfguy
03-30-2006, 10:22 PM
I tried TRAXXASX's suggestion. It did in fact blow through the bleeder and it did shoot out the MC as you said it would, but at that exact instant my little sister grabbed the brake lever and shot all the fluid back into my mouth. After a quick visit to the hospital and not ever being able to use my lower lip again I was very discouraged to find I still had no pressure in the lever.....Just kidding, I bought one of those vacuum bleeders with the hand pump, 10 minutes later they were good to go. Thanks for your help guys!!!!!;) :crazy: :Bounce ;)

traxxasx
03-31-2006, 12:18 AM
I tried TRAXXASX's suggestion. It did in fact blow through the bleeder and it did shoot out the MC as you said it would, but at that exact instant my little sister grabbed the brake lever and shot all the fluid back into my mouth. After a quick visit to the hospital and not ever being able to use my lower lip again I was very discouraged to find I still had no pressure in the lever.....Just kidding, I bought one of those vacuum bleeders with the hand pump, 10 minutes later they were good to go. Thanks for your help guys!!!!!;) :crazy: :Bounce ;)

i was like uhh ohh!! when i read that then i saw the jk...i was like whoo...well i did mention that it wouldent work forshure, but im some cases like that you got to try everything....well thats at least what i do....if it did work then that woulda save you $$ but owell.