PDA

View Full Version : 85 110 Performance piston

85_ATC_110
03-29-2006, 02:45 PM
A link was given to me (I think it was weisco.com or something like that) for a performance piston for my ATC. I never could find one though, and I have had no luck on eBay or anything else.

So, where can I get one, and what is this pison going to do for me? Is it going to make a pretty big differance in top end speed, or is this going to make it have a lot better torque? Someone mention that I should put a 125 piston in it. Will this fit? Will it provide more power? If it will fit after boring it out a little, could I get a 125 peformance piston? If I get a performance piston, will I need to do anything else like put in a better rocker arm or more powerful valve springs?

I've also been told I should re-gear it. Is there a gear set sold out there somewhere for my application that will give it better top speed (High gears), and a lot better towing? (Low gears)

I already know I am going to put in a new clutch no matter what I do, but is there a good clutch out there for my 110? One that will be able to take a lot of stress? (I do a LOT of towing with this little bad boy.) I have seen some "stronger than stock" clutch springs. Are these a good idea? I know this is a semi automatic, which is new to me, so is there a flywheel and all? If so, will it need to be resurfced? Can I get a lighter weight one?

I was also told that I should consider a 200x carb for my 110. I would like some more input on this as well. Will this fit right on and provide better fuel burn? Or is this going to need some cutting and fitting and won't really do a whole lot?

Anyother suggestions would be great! Thanks alot guys!!

Chrisbroeders
03-29-2006, 08:23 PM
i bored out my 110 .50 over with a pro x piston and a L A sleeve and i never re geared it . it just has tons of low end power

SWIGIN
03-30-2006, 02:27 AM
i got a good clutch kit from dennis kirk and they even have heavy springs for a 110

and as far as a high comression piston...nobody makes them any more for a 110 or a 125 that i can find....i had a stock one welded up and turned on a lathe...it sounds weird but it works

Vealmonkey
03-30-2006, 04:25 PM
You can still find the high compression pistons, just keep an eye on ebay. There have been several from australia and a few locally. I managed to get a 5mm over and a 9mm over for a stroker. Trying to get an old school stroker engine together. It should be a real hand grenade, LOL.