PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know a trick on 350X clutch?

Derrick Adams
03-28-2006, 10:09 PM
Trying to get the main nut loose to remove the basket without the proper Honda tool. (without breaking anything!)

pinkerchook
03-28-2006, 10:16 PM
If its the rounded nut with gaps choped out of it, take a socket thats about the same size, cut out the notches with a grinder and you have your own home made socket. Make sure to tourque it when putting it back. I have one here I made with my grinder. It worked on my old 200x fine. Its what you are going to have to do. I don't think you can get the socket from a store anymore.

Yamahauler
03-28-2006, 10:17 PM
On my trikes, I put it in 5th gear, back the trike up to a wall, and crank it off.

If you have an impact, thats a lot easier!

seadoo650
03-28-2006, 10:23 PM
Trying to get the main nut loose to remove the basket without the proper Honda tool. (without breaking anything!)

Would you like the proper tools? I figure as often as you work on your trikes you might want to invest.

Derrick Adams
03-28-2006, 10:41 PM
Would you like the proper tools? I figure as often as you work on your trikes you might want to invest.

lol... I dont ever plan on putting another clutch in this 350X, EVER!

pinkerchook
03-28-2006, 10:55 PM
I think there is a pin thats in the bolt. You should download the manual from this site. Remmeber to save target as and don't open the link to the manual. Its big.
http://deepa.recongamer.com/hondamanuals/index.html

NOS_350X
03-28-2006, 11:22 PM
Dude i told you before there is no "PIN" the nut has a weak spot you have to hit out of a grove. Onceyou get that out and clear an impact will make your life much easyer. I cant rember what nut it is, but it MIGHT be reverse threaded. (Theres some in that bottom end and no notification of them.) But with an impact and the bike in gear you should be able to get it, even with out the impact you can use a LONG ratchet and make get a big turn on that sucker it should come off.

joesmoe
03-29-2006, 01:57 AM
Just use an impact to take it off and to put it back on, don't worry about the torqe specs it'll be fine.

Mobular
03-29-2006, 10:57 AM
Bend the tab of the washer out of the notch, stick a penny between the clutch gear and the smaller gear that it mates to. Crank the nut off. The penny being of a softer material will keep the engine from turning over, but not damage the gears. Do the same to tighten.

SWIGIN
03-30-2006, 02:32 AM
its normal thread...the nut on the crank is reverse thread