PDA

View Full Version : Update on my trike "PICS"

YTM200BOY
03-28-2006, 05:52 PM
Well guys i went a bit over the top with the decals but it looks pretty good considering all the bad parts in the plastics are covered up with wiseco decals "on the tank plastic".. Brand new rubber for handlebars and also homemade pad. new grab bar "nos", redid the whole exhaust system "its bright silver" the pic isnt that great. also bought new clamps for the seat so now it stay down its excellent and comfy! also poished the rims and cleaned all the plastics.. also the stan on the garage floor isnt trike related lol.. also the rust colored orange stuff from the bottom of the exhaust system down isnt rust its really old dirty that was caught in the cap "the thing that says yamaha on the side of the engine." All i see cosmetically is that the mudflaps are dicolored and are peeling black and turning white??? whatever mudflaps arent a biggy. So beisides it not running yet :lol: what do you guys think. I didnt want to paint it so i think it loooks great.. tell me honestly what you think.. -Joe :w00t:

YTM200BOY
03-28-2006, 05:53 PM
~~click to enlarge pics above~~

N5HNY
03-28-2006, 05:57 PM
Man that looks like crap ! LOL !

No really, it looks good and the decals add a nice touch.

YTM200BOY
03-28-2006, 05:59 PM
thanks man i like *Edited**Edited* profile pic also lol..

crd00
03-28-2006, 06:19 PM
The trike is lookin really good:w00t:

YTM200BOY
03-28-2006, 06:20 PM
why thanks crd00 *Edited* got a trx400ex those are sweet!!! thanks again man

Mike_Ham_250R
03-28-2006, 06:38 PM
The trike is lookin really good:w00t:
I agree it does look nice and you did a good job on it.

YTM200BOY
03-28-2006, 06:43 PM
thanks to all the guys that say it looks good but im waiting for the 1 simmon in the group lol......

Mike_Ham_250R
03-28-2006, 06:48 PM
Simmon ???

traxxasx
03-28-2006, 06:51 PM
its alright, the seat is kinda funky unless there like that, to get it to look better take the chipped white fadded mud flaps off and the front one too, it will look sooo much better, atleast take them off and see if you like it then put it back if you dont.

YTM200BOY
03-28-2006, 06:53 PM
the stupid america idol show lol the guy thats a pain in the "rear" lol

YTM200BOY
03-28-2006, 06:55 PM
you know what man thats a good idea i had em off "well the back ones" i did like it better but then again there will be holes in the rear plastics lol

firehart
03-28-2006, 06:55 PM
The only thing that would make it better is if were red with a Honda nameplate. Just Kidding! Looks good. I would not mind restoring my 200x now that I got the new Rancher.

YTM200BOY
03-28-2006, 07:10 PM
lol honda lol cant we all be equal lol

Yamaha Tri-Moto
03-28-2006, 07:44 PM
I took the mudflaps off my 175 and put new bolts in and it looks fine. You should take them off it would look better. But nice job.

edog
03-28-2006, 08:38 PM
Looking good.

thefox
03-28-2006, 08:55 PM
Looks good, seat is kind of wierd but the rest of the trike looks good.

What part of Illinios are you from?

traxxasx
03-28-2006, 09:03 PM
you know what man thats a good idea i had em off "well the back ones" i did like it better but then again there will be holes in the rear plastics lol

check out my 225 in my sig it has holes, if your bolts are still chrome put them back into the holes...i was ganna on mine but they were rusted.

YTM200BOY
03-28-2006, 10:53 PM
check out my 225 in my sig it has holes, if your bolts are still chrome put them back into the holes...i was ganna on mine but they were rusted.

yeah man it looks awsome with no flaps and new chrome screws n bolts!! :naughty: Take a look a the sexy pics also i got some killer news today from my dad!! a guy that we know he is a auto mechainc and next coming up saturday were bringin it to his garage and he and my dad are taking off the head and checking some stuff i cant wait!! check my awsome bike raer pics!! Guys this is the best thing i have ever owned and im so happy. later guys! :beer

YTM200BOY
03-28-2006, 10:57 PM
i love the way the rear fender looks it makes the tires look like there huge but really they are oversized i believe or stock i donno there carlise 25's..

YTM200BOY
03-28-2006, 10:59 PM
o and fox its outside of MCHENRY

firefirefire90
03-28-2006, 11:03 PM
I like it sorta...but i just dont understand. WHY in the hell would you have that tire on the front? Why the hell would you even buy a tire like that! I mean i know they're cheap but that tire just looks square and taking away a lot of performance away from the trike...any pictures of your manual..i just need to see it :lol: But otherwise, very good looking trike. While you dad has the top end off, put some new gaskets in there and get rid of the carbon build up on the top of the head. Good luck! :woot:

Yamahauler
03-28-2006, 11:15 PM
WHY in the hell would you have that tire on the front? Why the hell would you even buy a tire like that! I mean i know they're cheap but that tire just looks square and taking away a lot of performance away from the trike.

Yea no kidding.
I had the same tires all around, changed the rear ones out with Bear Claws.
It has absolutly no traction in mud or snow,

Ive been meaning to change it. WIll do very soon.

YTMBOY, did you put extra padding in the seat where that hump is? I think you should take it out if you did, you'll be sliding down the seat when you ride, just stretch the fabric really good around the seat and staple it on.

Oh, and before anyone says it....Yes, I accidently put my rear tires on the wrong sides, It was late and I wasnt thinking straight. I have to take the tires off on sunday anyway to put in my new collar on the axle, thats why i didnt switch them back ;)

YTM200BOY
03-28-2006, 11:15 PM
whats wrong with the tire i thought it was stock lol i donno anything bout tires... sorry

YTM200BOY
03-28-2006, 11:17 PM
what??? my rear tires are backwards??? i never messed with the seat or tires guys so what needs fixing besides the seat??

atcfreak85
03-28-2006, 11:18 PM
Good job it looks excellent! I do agree about the front tire thowe :wondering But, the trike is in nice shape!! Good luck on getting it running and have fun with it !! :Bounce :cool:

Yamahauler
03-28-2006, 11:19 PM
No....MY rear tires are backwards in the pic I posted...

The seat looks like a crappy recover job. You can take it off, and re-staple it on while you pull it really tight. You dont have to, but it would look a lot better

traxxasx
03-29-2006, 04:14 AM
yeah man it looks awsome with no flaps and new chrome screws n bolts!! :naughty: Take a look a the sexy pics also i got some killer news today from my dad!! a guy that we know he is a auto mechainc and next coming up saturday were bringin it to his garage and he and my dad are taking off the head and checking some stuff i cant wait!! check my awsome bike raer pics!! Guys this is the best thing i have ever owned and im so happy. later guys! :beer

hell yea looks way better. thats why i did it to mine. also ill let *Edited* know other priceless mod that some one taught me..on the 225 the rims have an offset of 1'' im pretty shure there the same on yours.....so what you do it take off both back tires and simply turn then around...so take the wheel turn it a 180* and put it back on so now you will have a wide axel base....its like putting on 1'' wheel spacers, it makes a noticable difference. plus it gives a more sporty look. like if you see mine in my sig, to me its like a yamasaki.....a 225dx that looks like a tecate.. but yamaha version.. now if you look at any other 225dx they look completely different. just my OP. anyways keep it up, maybe get a skinny front tire and some 20'' in the back i got 22'' but im going to go with 20''.

YTM200BOY
03-29-2006, 09:41 AM
You guys will never believe this!!!!!! well last night i was pumped about the bike so i started up to midnight doing the seat hump lol... I took the cover off and you will never guess what was underthere..... A god damn 80's wendys bag and a old black moldy shirt and also the seat pad. I almost passed out from the smell of the shirt.. Now the seat is normal and i understand were *Edited* guys see the "hump in the seat" thanks guys. And the front tire whats a wrong??? It seems like new. Again i never touched the tires.

hay guys another new update is that i added a rear light today... custom made it looks pretty decent "alot better then the stock one!" i cant wait till next saturday!!

Yamahauler
03-29-2006, 02:16 PM
You guys will never believe this!!!!!! well last night i was pumped about the bike so i started up to midnight doing the seat hump lol... I took the cover off and you will never guess what was underthere..... A god damn 80's wendys bag and a old black moldy shirt and also the seat pad. I almost passed out from the smell of the shirt.. Now the seat is normal and i understand were *Edited* guys see the "hump in the seat" thanks guys. And the front tire whats a wrong??? It seems like new. Again i never touched the tires.

hay guys another new update is that i added a rear light today... custom made it looks pretty decent "alot better then the stock one!" i cant wait till next saturday!!

Who the hell recovered that seat? That is ridiculous.

There is nothing wrong with your front tire, we are just saying its a crappy tire for the front. You see, tires have differant treads, there are some tread patterns that work well up front and some that suck (like the one you and I have) You dont have to change it if you dont want to, but it will help you steer better if you do.

YTM200BOY
03-29-2006, 04:24 PM
i think ill leave it.. It does the purpose lol

Mr. Sandman
03-29-2006, 04:40 PM
Simon says "What's the point if it doesn't run"? All show, no go!:wondering

YTM200BOY
03-29-2006, 04:50 PM
dont worry it will go fast when i get the head taking off and detected the prob!