PDA

View Full Version : Accessory Question

350xBomb
03-27-2006, 07:34 AM
Not too sure if this is the right area to post this, but I am wondering if anyone has any experience with the lighted whips? I dont do a lot of night riding, but here in Oregon there are a lot of overcast days and would like to increase my presence. I'm looking for something SUPER bright to cast a "halo" of light if you will. If anyone has one from a manufacturer and is pleased with it, I'd love to here about. Or any brainstorm ideas for fabbing my own. I think that would be a fun project. Thanks for the help.

Orangecnty250r
03-27-2006, 09:26 AM
Any experience with lighted whips??.....three wheelers are the last thing that come to mind when you say that :D

ScottZJ
03-27-2006, 09:52 AM
I like putting those fire flies or whatever those things are called that you put on your valve cap. I put blue ones on there and they flash when any vibration happens. Pretty cool when totally dark and boy can people see ya.

nouseforaname90
03-27-2006, 09:54 AM
Yup. That is a very good idea Scott. My brother has the flourescent green/yellow color ones on his car, and they make you easily visible. I would have never thought about that.. great idea!!

BLAZERONE22
03-27-2006, 11:02 AM
I've used glow sticks on my little peoples trikes at night... You can get them at any SCUBA shop... That will make you stand out.

350xBomb
03-28-2006, 07:21 AM
All good ideas, but Im talkin BRIGHT...and resuable. There is a website, wirewhips.com , that uses some phosphorus wire that illuminates the whole fiberglass (or whatever material they use) pole. Thats clever. I was thinking some high density LEDs, or a strobe of sorts (strobe may be too intense). Kinda like a miniature police siren on top of my flag. Just to stand out and be identifiable. Any idea???