PDA

View Full Version : need help with my 85 350x

threewheelin-feelin
03-27-2006, 12:41 AM
today me and my cousin were riding and we found a hill to jump so i followed him over it and got a little air....now i did this about 2 times and the second time when i turn around a nail it to come back the bike barely wanted to move....i had the trottle wide open and it was like i had it at about 1/4 trottle....the first thing i did was check compression and it was 130 psi and i didnt disconnect the decompression cable....so far ive check that my trottle cable and air filter all looked good.. the bike idals great....in neutral it will rev up but not quite like it use to....and in gear it is very low on power wont even do a wheelie in first....i dont know if jumping it had anything to do with it....or just happend to happen after the jump any help will be apreciated

SWIGIN
03-27-2006, 05:59 PM
the oil pump might be shot or weak.

i had a 200x seize a cam before it ran like the brakes were stuck, you might want to pull the valve cover off and look at the cam and rockers....if they are scuffed up you need a oil pump witch honda no longer makes nut a 300ex pump will work if you use your gear on the new pump

grundlegrabber
03-27-2006, 07:52 PM
Try pulling the silencer off and see how it runs. Maybe the baffle came loose inside or it got clogged with debris. Easy place to start. Second guess would be a carb problem.

Maine_Triker
03-27-2006, 08:01 PM
Yup... if you haven't cleaned your carb lately that's the first thing I would do... blow out the main jet with a air compressor.

Phil

threewheelin-feelin
03-28-2006, 12:08 AM
the baffle has been removed for quite awhile now....and i believe the bike has a new carb on it....it dosent ride the like the brakes are on there is no drag at all.....it just isnt getting full trottle i push it all the way and it is like im only holding it 1/4 of the way

smokinp
03-28-2006, 12:30 AM
something basic like a spark problem?what does it run like whens its cold?

threewheelin-feelin
03-28-2006, 12:34 AM
i actully havent run it cold yet...this happend sunday around4 o clock....so i didnt have any free time today....it will proble be thursday before i can check it out again :wondering yall think the cdi box might have broken a circuit and not letting it rev all the way? someone said that might be it