PDA

View Full Version : More 84 R questions

Dave223
03-26-2006, 10:38 PM
hey guys,
I think I have 350x forks on the front of my 250r, but they used the R's trees, from what Ive read, this is possible. Now the fun part, How much air pressure goes in these forks? On my front end, one side is almost an inch longer than the other. The seals are all good, no leaks at all, so Im assuming there is a difference in air pressure? My experience with trikes that have suspensions are very limited, so Im learning as I go.

The guy who had this R, says he had a 300r kit on it ( I have the top end minus piston) . The carb on this thing is HUGE, the OD of the filter side of this carb is 2 1/2" . Its a Mikuni, but thats all I know. How can I find out what size or what type carb this is?

Also, the intake on this bike has a tube connected to it that goes to a "boost" bottle. Am I correct on this? and what does this do? would this intake be part of the same 300 kit I have?

Thanks for the help. Dave

Air-cooled-R
03-26-2006, 11:04 PM
I have a 3oor kit on my 250r as well. The intake youre talking about is a (pretty sure) a mossbarger intake. It's what I have so that a boost bottle can be put on. Your carb is probably gonna be a 38-39 mm. Ask around and you can find some people that can tell you what piston to get from wiseco. It's gonna come from some jet ski or something, since the pistons for the 300r kit are discontinued.

monster 84r
03-26-2006, 11:09 PM
most use the piston from a kawasaki je550 jet ski i believe. im not sure on the x forks but the stock 84r shocks shouldent have more than 7psi. one tube isnt raised in the tripples more than another right? i know its a dumb question but its an easy fix.

Dave223
03-27-2006, 12:04 AM
yeh it is raised in the triples more, but the length from axle center to the top is almost an inch difference. and the tire is sitting straight, but Id still like to know the fix!