PDA

View Full Version : Picked Up My First 250R Today!!!

Yamaha Tri-Moto
03-26-2006, 06:06 PM
Just got back from picking up an 83' 250R, which is in real great shape. This is the first R I have owned and man is it fast. Anyone have any technical tips for me about upgrades or anything? Also where can I order new plastics for it? I will post pics ASAP. Thanx guys.

:TrikesOwn

RideRed250R
03-26-2006, 06:10 PM
congrats man!!! welcome to the club... ant they little buggers???? picked up the front wheel yet... anyways... go to dennis kirk... he can get you new plastic... as for performance... if the top end is good leave it alone, get a dg pipe and silencer and be happy... she will run FOR EVER.. lol
Adam

250r'en +TCB
03-26-2006, 06:15 PM
300R kit and a bigger carb!! hahaha congrats on getting a R man you'll love it I'm sure!

Yamaha Tri-Moto
03-26-2006, 06:15 PM
Ya i picked the front wheel up a bunch of times, and i wasent trying to. Crazy. lol The top end is fine. Ya i hope she runs forever, sounds like there pretty bulletproof.

nouseforaname90
03-26-2006, 06:47 PM
You're going to love it. When I got my '85 R a few weeks ago, I was in love. Lol. You're going to have a blast on it.. just make sure you learn its limits before you try anything real big.. My R still surprises me at times..
Get some pics of that beast up! And if you don't mind me asking, what did it soak you?

EDIT: I missed your quesiton on plastics..

Check out ZMPerformance on eBay for plastics. I bought a complete set of 350X fenders from them and they gave me a VERY good price. Very fast shipping as well. I'm not sure if they have '83 R plastics though.. Send them a message and find out.

Dave223
03-26-2006, 06:58 PM
you can go directly to maier-mfg.com and get the plastics. Just be warned, the site is slower than..ummm yeh, its slow;) I find they are sometimes cheaper than going thru dennis kirk and others. Dave

thefox
03-26-2006, 07:04 PM
Cool, can'twait to see the pictures.