PDA

View Full Version : I cant rememeber....!!

Yamahauler
03-25-2006, 11:20 PM
What is supposed to go in front of the wheel bearing in the diff??

I cant remember what it looked like before I took the axle out. The manual says its some kind of spacer...could anyone get me a pic? This is a YTM200E

Im thinking as hard as I can, but I cant figure out what used to be there....

Please HELP!!

traxxasx
03-25-2006, 11:23 PM
im pretty sure its the same as a 225dx but i never took mine off to the bearing so i know there is a black cup seal, and to hold that is two round nuts that screw onto the axel. i think there is a round spacer that goes between the bearing and the cup seal.

Yamahauler
03-25-2006, 11:27 PM
I was just checking through some parts and I found a seal that came with my All Balls bearings, it fits in there perfect. and it is flush with the end of the diff. Is this all that is supposed to be in there?

Yamahauler
03-25-2006, 11:41 PM
I put that seal in and tried tightening the ring nuts up, they are about a 1/8 of an inch from the seal and they wont turn any more. There is no thread left.....what the HELL is goin on. I'm getting pissed

Derrick Adams
03-26-2006, 12:22 AM
I just put mine together tonight. There should be a collar that slides in between the seal and the axle. One end touchs the bearing and the other sits against the axle nuts. Maybe about 2" long collar and real thin.

Yamahauler
03-26-2006, 12:27 AM
Well dammit..I lost that then. I checked bike bandit, its a $15 part. You wouldnt happen to have a spare one from your old axle (if you had an old axle)

Derrick Adams
03-26-2006, 12:36 AM
Actually you should have the spare one. I didn't get that part when you sent me the axle. I just reused my old one.

Yamahauler
03-26-2006, 01:53 AM
Dammit..Lost two then.

I had to press out both of those axles (200 & 225), they get stuck in there good, those spacers must of fell on the ground and went un noticed.

Do you think it would be easy to make? or is it a fairly precise part?

MTS
03-26-2006, 06:12 AM
Did you look under your press.....

Derrick Adams
03-26-2006, 09:34 AM
Basically it serves as a spacer for the axle nuts to tighten up against the bearings, so I suppose that IF you could find the right diameter pipe to slide over your axle, you could make one. I would say just pay the $15 and order one. I know it's a pretty critical fit since the inner seal rides on it.

Yamahauler
03-26-2006, 02:59 PM
Did you look under your press.....
Yes, I looked every where, It was a long time ago when I pressed out derricks axle, so that will be long gone, I pressed mine out about a month and a half ago, and it seems to be gone, but I'm going to pull out the brake lathe and see if its behind that. Not expecting anything.

Basically it serves as a spacer for the axle nuts to tighten up against the bearings, so I suppose that IF you could find the right diameter pipe to slide over your axle, you could make one. I would say just pay the $15 and order one. I know it's a pretty critical fit since the inner seal rides on it.
Yea, That would be a real hassle to find a right sized pipe.
I'm going to ask a few people and see if they have one.