PDA

View Full Version : Bike is together and runs!!!

YTZ250N
03-14-2003, 01:50 AM
Got everything together tuesday and ran it. I have to say that this thing flat out flies now. The first thing I noticed was the carb was too big for the motor. The bike has no bottom end, same as before but once you get it upstairs it moves right out, carries the tire with no effort. I really had to work to keep it planted and straight on the parking lot at work. The thing has been apart since shortly after Trikefest at Haspin, it overheated on me down there (the little light actually worked) First time anything like that happened So I took the top end off and ordered up a new piston at work. Cost me 38 dollars for the piston kit straight from wiseco. And got eh OEM top end set. Stayed late after work and bored it .020 over. (another thing Wiseco makes the Tri Z piston in .010 increments you can go 8 oversizes instead of 4)

I remembered the wrench report and thought it would be cool to copy it so I got the specs and had my boss cut the head and I did the porting, did the phase two I think, raised the port highth 2mm. Added the boost port and opened them up. When I put it together I had 180lbs of compression and .071 squish band.

I had it together since tuesday and had a guy came and want to buy it tomorrow for 1000 cash. Swear to god. I declined, I think she's worth more. I am going to sell it now though I have to many priorities to handle right now, or some crap like that. Really I want to race everyone else at work does so why not? I get all my parts real cheap from work and can do all the work to keep a race machine up and running. In a perect world I could keep it and crap out enough money to buy another toy, but I can't crap benjamins so I gotta broom it. I was pondering putting it up on Ebay. But have to find the time. anyone seriously interested I will get some pics and email up here first.

I run spider tracs or holeshots on nine inch ITP rims
I have a couple time slips from the local 1/4 mile last year before haspin, she ran a 16.40-somthing @76MPH Kinda weak but I had real goofy gearing for a 1/4 mile flat out, I ran out of gear just past the eighth mile mark.

So far I ahve added,
DG Pipe
Answer Silencer
Boyseen Reeds
UNI air filter w/ no airbox
38mm Mikuni Flatslide
port and polish
head cut

84250r
03-14-2003, 02:10 AM
Sure is a nice Tri-Z,no doubt :)