PDA

View Full Version : sx starter rebuild

honda250sx
03-22-2006, 11:36 PM
My 250 sx starter has started to get hung up every now and again. Are the parts availible to rebuild these starters still? i have a spare starter that also needs to be rebuilt. Also will a 200x shock bolt up to a 250sx frame. wasnt sure if the throw was the same

chris200x
03-22-2006, 11:42 PM
I don't think that 200x shock will work without alot of fabricating. I also know that rebuild kits for starters are available. I seen one on ebay for the 250 BigRed starter. But I'm not sure they are the same.

Tri-ZNate
03-22-2006, 11:45 PM
Jeswinehart can show you where to go to get a rebuild and maybe even show ya ;). And the 200x shock wont bolt up.

wv_elk_hunter
03-23-2006, 05:11 PM
It is funny I ran across this post. I am having trouble with my sx starter and today ordered a replacement brush kit for about $30 bucks. I found a great place here in WV for parts or aftermarket replacement. Their web address is www.electricmotorsvc.com. The aftermarket replacement for the entire unit is $129. I looked up the OEM at Servicehonda.com and it was $283 bucks, which is a discounted price. Your local Honda shop will sell you one for a mere $419.

I just restored my originally owned 1985sx from front to back. Every bearing, seal, bushing, cables, brakes, etc has been changed. Last Saturday I officially got it finished and was so disappointed to find out the starter wouldn't work. Good thing it has a kickstart!