PDA

View Full Version : New Rookie , Need lot's of help , The Mod Bug bit me ...

ceaserthethird
03-22-2006, 03:31 PM
Hello , My Name is Ceaser here's a little story about my Self

I'm New to this Fourm , And New to the 3 wheeler world.

Since i was 11 year's old i always wanted a Motorcycle-ATV My father Never Bought 1 for me , But he did agree to buy me 1 if i got Good Gardes in school ... i Did get good grades for a whole year of school ... but he back out of his deal... never bought 1 for me ...

He would take me to the AutoCross Race's they have every year in my town.

And my cousin's would ride me around in their Honda's 250R ATC - ( I felt i was going to fall off )

But that was it!

So 16 years Later ... I Decided to buy A Motorcycle-ATV .... so i looked for about 4 months and i Found a Perfect ATC .

It's a 1985 HONDA 250R ATC in Original Condition no up grades at all , so i have had this ATC for 7 days .

I would like to change all the Hose, plastic tubes, oil's , Brake line , Clutch lines ect ... Where do i get these parts ? should i go to my Local Honda Dealer ?

Also i have no idea on what to do for upgrades , if you guy's can guide me / show me the ropes ... would be great!

i bought 2 ATV magazines and Looks like their's only Fourtrax parts !

i would like to upgrade - Exhaust , Air filter , Reed's , Electronic system/ spark plug ect...

Where do i buy these part's for High performance ?

Thansk for your time and help .

Great Fourm

Ceaserthethird in Oregon , Sand dunes and Trails

" Mod Bug bit me "

250r'en +TCB
03-22-2006, 03:47 PM
Well it all depends on how much "kick" you want and how much your willing to spend. As for basic mods the #1 thing without question is a pipe and silencer!!! with 2-strokes the outcome is amazing! Then perhaps a clamp on air filter. For reeds you have to choose between torque(low end) or ones for high end. That is really the basics for mods.....
Now What I plan to do sometime in the near future is get a 38mm carb from ESR (esr250.com). That will give you better acceleration and more power all around. After that it really comes down to 1. How crazy are you? 2. How much $$$ do you have? At the high end of the scale you could go out and buy a 310cc kit!!! Or maybe a 265.....
Anyway i recomed eddie sanders racing for most of your modifications! ESR250.com
-Devin

crackshot
03-22-2006, 04:05 PM
Don't mod it. If it works, don't fix it. When you blow up the engine, then do the mods. It will cost you a lot of money and time.
Take my advice, ride it for what it was built for right now, then do mods as you replace the worn parts.