PDA

View Full Version : trying to solve a starvation problem on my z

turboaddict
03-22-2006, 01:59 AM
so i got my z back together and after running up to fourth gear at full throttle it beginns to die. does anybody have a picture of the stock setup? i think my trike has a blaster setup on it and its just not enough. i have another pump assy that came off a parts trike that came with it , but i dont know if its right either as it has off- on- reserve settings on the petcock. :wondering thanks guys

Bryan Raffa
03-22-2006, 08:46 AM
best way to check the pump is to pull the fuel line off the carb and kick it over if gas comes out chances are that its good

Dammit!
03-22-2006, 10:24 AM
When I had that problem on my Z it was the carb, not the pump. Not sure if it was just the float level or the seat though. I just switched out carbs instead of fixing the original.

turboaddict
03-22-2006, 10:16 PM
well the pump thats on it obviously isnt stock, and the pump on the parts trike might be stock but i dont know what a stock one looks like . the pump that is currently equipped only has a diaphragm the size of a quarter.

Dammit!
03-22-2006, 10:42 PM
Here's a pic of a stock Z fuel pump.

turboaddict
03-22-2006, 11:01 PM
perfect thanks !!! the parts trike saves me again! now i just have to find where the other fuel line to the tank went to as it only has one right now ...