PDA

View Full Version : Who was the guy with the 28mm mikuni flatslide on a 200x ?

HypnotizeMindz
03-13-2003, 08:15 PM
i got a question for whoever you are.. i think your name starts with a M....

it's mudfreak99.. sorry
anyways

what size jet do you use ? and how did u find out where to have the air/gas mixture ?.. was it the little book they sell... did that tell you ?

help me out

samster143
03-14-2003, 10:44 AM
I tried to put a TM28 flatslide on my '85 200x. It did not fit, the frame was in the way of the larger slide. The frame would have to be heated and bent for clearance. I sent it back and ordered a different carb. It is a 26mm round slide bored out to 27.7mm. This is done so you can have a small carb body with more flow. I got it from PRO-FLO. The guy there is really cool and helpful. The new carb is on it's way and I will let ya'll know how it works.

Honda300ex
03-14-2003, 03:18 PM
If i was mudfreak i wouldn't buy from him :evil: :x :x

Curtis-Tecate3
03-14-2003, 05:08 PM
I have a 28mm Mikuni F/S on my 85 200X and yes I had to heat and dent the frame tube for clearance. I dont know what jet is in there since it has been in there for 10+ years. I do know that I had to change almost everyting except the needle itself to get it to run right. I had to go richer on the main jet, pilot jet and even the needle jet (The long tube that the main jet screws into). Mind you this is on a worked motor but it was way off out of the box....

Good luck with yours..

Curtis.

HypnotizeMindz
03-14-2003, 10:17 PM
well, i wasnt going to buy anything from him.. i jus wanted to know the jet size he uses... and how did he adjust the air/fuel mixture

i have an 86 200x, and i'm sure the carb will fit

thanks