PDA

View Full Version : No go 125

Windigo
03-20-2006, 05:03 PM
Hello, Well I pulled a 82 Trimoto 125 out of the weeds and put it all back together and there is no response to the repeated pulls on the rope. I was wondering if maybe I'm missing a part or what it could be. I have fixed up several 4 stroke quads but never a two stroke. THe carb was well varnished but cleaned up well. It doesn't seem to be getting gas. At least I don't smell any but the plug is oily looking. I ordered a new needle valve to try in the carb. There is no air box right now, do you need it to get it to fire? I don't have any other idea's, is there something I could be missing? If someone could send me a pic of the carb and it's tubing so I know where and how to rought it that would be helpful. Thanks

Bender
03-20-2006, 05:30 PM
r *Edited* getting spark? Put the plug against the block and pull it over to see if there is spark.

Windigo
03-20-2006, 05:40 PM
Yep plunty of spark but I have no Idea if it's sparking at the right timing. That requires a light and so forth.

Rm250RF900R
03-20-2006, 05:58 PM
I think it should still start even if its out of timing. Its a 2 stroke.

gotballs 250r 82
03-20-2006, 06:14 PM
Clean gas tank out and new plug in. Clean carb real good bowl ,main jet, pilot jet, the whole thing. And good gas and you should be good to go.:TrikesOwn

klaymoto
03-21-2006, 09:55 PM
hey i just wanted to tell you that i am having the same problem... my 125 that i got for free from my girlfriends dad took some work to get running my brother cleaned the carb and it started running great. about a month ago it started getting hard to crank.... cleaned the carb again, no differnence. then it got to where it did not have the power to go beond third gear. so i got pissed tore down the top end and the rings and the cylinder are in great shape for age and everything seemed to be working poroperly. put it back together and nothing would happend tried to pull start nope that didnt work either wondering how to adjust the timing on this guy. any help would be greatly appreciated

Unclediezel
03-21-2006, 11:20 PM
Pull the plug out -(Replacing it wouldnt hurt!)

Press a finger into the plug hole and rip the cord--it should puff past your finger with moderate force--

Timing really shouldnt be an issue, unless the stator plate was removed.
Trimoto's can be very tempermental when it comes to chokes, I personally would aim at fuel delivery in both of your cases.

klaymoto
03-21-2006, 11:34 PM
i think that the reed valves could be worn out what reeds would fit this trike

85hondaatc125m
03-21-2006, 11:49 PM
Yea, I would do what these guys have siad by cleaning carb very good, fresh gas, new plug, AND, im not sure if yammy's have these, but if it has an air/fuel mixture screw, turn it out, just my 2 cents, and if you do get it running, ad a little, just some carb clean stuff throught the gas.

MichiganRedneck
03-22-2006, 11:35 AM
check the petcock to see if gas is flowing out. spray eather in the carb and see if it fires. if it does, your problem is fuel.