PDA

View Full Version : My New Suspension 70

Vealmonkey
03-20-2006, 03:12 AM
Hello everybody, Well, I just found me another suspension 70. This makes three, so I guess I'm starting my own racing team. Fresh shed find, semi local. I brought it home in parts and have just sort of put it back together. With a little TLC, it will be just fine. I haven't even had a chance to wash the mud off it yet. It makes a fine addition to my living room. Excuse my cheap photo background, LOL. Fiberglass rear fender, looks to be DG or maybe Bassini exhaust, and plastic tank. I don't have a clue how many of these were made. It looks to be an A+Inc frame, but the triple trees are unmarked. More fun this summer. I can't wait till I have my next party, I will try and get some pictures of everyone riding the 70s.

blue27
03-20-2006, 08:07 AM
That ain't Right!! I need one of those!!!!!!! anyway Congrats. I guess I will keep bouncing around on my UNSUSPENDED 70's.

mymint87
03-20-2006, 10:52 AM
your the MAN....when those come up for sale in San Diego, they go for about $1500.00

Vealmonkey
03-20-2006, 11:07 AM
Mymint87, Have you bought any of those oldschool frames yet? I would sure like to get my hands on one of those suspension 110's, like the NIcholson you have.

Jeb
03-20-2006, 11:34 AM
Awesome! I love that rear fender! I wonder how awesome one of those would look with a late model Z50 gas tank & seat that rise up. And smaller go-cart type rear tires.

Great find! :beer

IrvSLedman
03-20-2006, 04:26 PM
NICE, i really want a 70 myself. lol I bet that thing will make a sweet ride.

mymint87
03-25-2006, 01:57 PM
DUDE...just relized your from Baltimore, MD, very near to where my whole extended family lives....my mom and dad were married at a young age and he was stationed in San Diego where they never left...ALL of my kin lives in Girdletree, Stockon, and several generations go back around George Island Landing.....Blue Crab Rocks.....YUMMMMMM....I just suprised my mom this Christmas with 40 soft shelled crabs (specially package and totally fresh) cost me $200 (includes some batter)...thats $20 bucks a crab!!!!

Vealmonkey
03-25-2006, 02:11 PM
If you ever come visit, let me know. I'm sure we could get into some kind of trouble. You could always come ride one of the suspension 70s', LOL. Crabs here have been getting kind of pricey, but, what the heck. I'm surprised that they haven't put limits on them like they did the blue fish. I'll make sure to save some for you though, and a couple ice cold "Natty Bohs" too! Maybe oneday I will have my HiPerformance ATV Rd350 powered suspension frame up and running and you could tear that up too if you visit, it's not "the Nick" though. The only nick I have is a hardtail 110. When are you hitting up on the stashed trikes at that barn? Your suspension 110 rocks by the way!

mymint87
03-25-2006, 02:28 PM
Ride one of the 70's?...I'm thinking of making the trip to buy one of those "GEMS"...LOL....everyman has a price you know...

I'm in negotiations with "The Promised Land" owner .............at first it was the whole barn, but I'm zeroing in on the 90's and 110's....he has quite a few fiberglass rears that which you know, are PRIMO for Custom Painting

Vealmonkey
03-25-2006, 02:59 PM
I've got a lead on a 4th suspension 70, I will keep you posted. Could be trading time>

mymint87
03-25-2006, 07:30 PM
Your freaking killing me........Whats with Maryland and suspension 70's?

Vealmonkey
03-26-2006, 11:35 PM
They didn't all come from maryland. One came from a boardmember in Tenn. The PK Racing frame, I bought off ebay, I can't remember where it came from, but I have the papers around here for it somewhere. If you can find one and someone will ship it, they are very easy to ship. They will fit in 2 boxes if a roller without and engine and I guess 3 boxes with an engine. They aren't too terribly heavy. No more heavier than the bolt on suspension 185s frame that I bought. Let me know if you have any luck with the "find". It would be nice to find something around here like that, but not likely. Let me know when you are accepting visitors out to your house, LOL.

birddogg
03-27-2006, 12:39 AM
You ought to copy one of those frames and build a few. You'd have no problem selling them.

Vealmonkey
03-27-2006, 12:57 AM
I wish I knew someone who could do that kind of work. I'm not sure it would be that easy unless someone had a complete shop and produced frames and swingarms already. The main part of the frame would be easy, but adding the engine mounts, fabbing the swingarm and machining the front forks would take some work. I do believe someone on another webiste is trying to get the swingarms and the triple trees made right now.

BigGreenMachine
03-27-2006, 02:05 AM
Well it would only be a matter of setting up a "frame jig" based off the original. Tricky with some frames but not impossible.

cliff2302
03-27-2006, 03:45 AM
What kinda of axles do those use, the stock ones?

Vealmonkey
03-27-2006, 05:54 AM
Yes, they use the stock rear axles. The A+Inc frame uses a spring loaded chain tensioner with wheels for the chain adjustment and the PK Racing frame uses a pivoting axle carrier for the chain adjustment. The A+Inc frame is mild steel and the PK Racing frame is chromemoly (spelling?). The triple tree setups are a little different also. The engine mounts are also different. Both are really cool designs if you sit down and look at them closely though.