PDA

View Full Version : swing arm is pissing me off

RideRed250R
03-19-2006, 06:58 PM
OK.... so pivot bolts R out .... so here is my stinkin problem... there are 4 dust caps.. 2 on each side of the swing arm... i cant get these caps off... tried pulling with the channel locks... NOTHN... tried hittin with a flat head screw driver....on the back side of them from the other side of the swing arm..... NOTHN... they wont come out... what do you guys think i should do... honestly this thing is getting annoying... and i want to have ti back together in like a week or two max... just so iam on the safe side....
Adam

Xowner
03-19-2006, 07:30 PM
is this the swinger you got from me? are these the bushings that you cant get out or are they black things? get a picture of what your working with

RideRed250R
03-19-2006, 07:58 PM
yah... they are black things, and yah its the swing arm i got from yah... but i bought it with the knowledge they had to be replaced so i ant mad or anything... its just pissing me off LOL
Adam

dunerash
03-21-2006, 10:44 AM
Im not sure what it could be? Those dust caps should basiclly fall off when you pull the pivot bolt.. Wonder if someone used some kind of glue or something on them?:wondering

ATCWRENCH
03-21-2006, 12:51 PM
get some kind of heavy duty cleaner in a bucket, i.e. carb cleaner. simply anything that will eat through another chemical based substance.

take one pivot section and let it sit in there over night. come back the next day and dismantle it, then do the same thing to the other side. after using a cleaner like this you will have to repaint you swingarm where it was submerged as the paint will be gone from the cleaner.