PDA

View Full Version : installing a new clutch

xman23
03-18-2006, 12:25 PM
i have a 84 200x and my little brother likes to ride it when im not home when i tell him not to and my clutch has taken a beating from him driving it so i just bought a new one yesterday, ive never replaced one ever so can you guys give me some tips or tricks or tell me some problems to look for, also is there anything you have to torgue down and if so how mant ft/lbs, thanks alot

Bryan Raffa
03-18-2006, 03:17 PM
make shure you soak your fiber plates in oil for 4-5 hours before installing,Im not shure about ft/pnds for the clutch, im shure some one will chime in on that for you! Inspect your steel plates for wear should be smooth,with no lip on them, clutch basket should be smooth where the fiber plates slide in.sometimes you see groves where the fiber plates come in contact with the baskit ,you can sand them smooth, it helps your clutch action.

xman23
03-18-2006, 08:38 PM
do you have a estimate on how long it takes i everything goes good because im prolly gonna start late tonight thanx

traxxasx
03-18-2006, 08:50 PM
after you do all that take the side casing cover off where the clutch is located. there should be 4 tenshioned bolts with spring that hold the whole clutch basket toghther. if you take the 4 bolts off slide everything out put the new plates in just how the old ones came out, put it all back toghther (there is a spec for the lbs or torquel, but i dont know it) torge the 4 bolts down and put it back in and put the cover on, maybe put some silicone on the old gasket (if its damaged) and *Edited**Edited* good to go. if everything goes smoth about 2 hours for a beiginer.

nd4speed
03-18-2006, 08:51 PM
New clutch basket? Or just plates?

xman23
03-18-2006, 10:09 PM
im installing just new plates