PDA

View Full Version : Tiger 500 restore starts now

erectordale
03-18-2006, 01:04 AM
I finally have the time and space too get the 500 restore in full swing. I will post pics as I go. My camera is acting up tonight but will get it fixed in the morning and post some starting pics. I will be restoring both 500's at the same time.I have both the frames are almost ready for the new steering stem's. and 1 motor running waiting on parts for the 2nd engine the swing arm on the first 1 was altered too fit a trx250 frame and will have too build a new swing arm the 2nd one will have a tecate set up (swing arm, axle, bearing carrier, hubs) I will post more tommorrow along with the pics :Bounce

88 Turbo Coupe
03-18-2006, 07:11 AM
Good luck, got your hands full. 2 restos at the same time!

Darius1502
03-18-2006, 01:15 PM
Wow....can't wait to see it. This will be my favorite thread!!

Godspeed!!

200x Basket
03-18-2006, 02:09 PM
cant wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cragster
03-18-2006, 02:50 PM
got any pics?

grundlegrabber
03-18-2006, 05:42 PM
Glad to see you're rollin on those restores. Here are those master cyl. pics. Keep up posted!

Trikeaholic
03-18-2006, 08:28 PM
Master cyl.

Magura, just buy one from dennis kirk.

erectordale
03-18-2006, 08:46 PM
here's a few pics of the frames finished cleaning up on the 1st frame and got a good start on the 2nd one you can still see some of the quad frame that was welded on. This afternoon I started machining the new steering stems yes it is 4130 chromoly tubing waited 3 weeks for it too get here. The piston I have a pic of is the one in the running motor, I got thinking today that since I do have a new piston why take a chance on this scoring so off too be bored monday I tried too work on this all day but sold 3 trikes and some parts and picked up a little 1981 xr80 today never fails when you want a day to get something done you have a lot of visitors. I will be gone tuesday thru friday this up coming week so I will post more pics

erectordale
03-18-2006, 08:50 PM
And some more pics

nouseforaname90
03-18-2006, 08:58 PM
Looks like you've got yourself into a money pit!! They're going to be awesome when they're done.. good luck!

erectordale
03-18-2006, 09:10 PM
I have tons and tons of parts but the gaskets pistons and sleeves are the most exspensive items needed well the tires could add up quick I will post a pick of the tiger storage shelves most people can't imagine having this many tiger parts

Derrick Adams
03-18-2006, 10:55 PM
I'll make the call.... NO WAY are those things making it to this years TrikeFest.

Lomax
03-19-2006, 12:37 AM
Its a shame that someone would do such a thing to a machine like that. Glad to see there getting back to the shape they should be in. Good luck!
-Will

erectordale
03-19-2006, 02:05 AM
Derrick we still have time too get them too Tf06 the powder coater needs 2 days far as the rest its here and ready as soon as the cylinder gets bored 1 for sure 2nd 1 will be close

88 Turbo Coupe
03-19-2006, 07:43 AM
Engine parts are big bucks, especially when you split the cases.

erectordale
03-19-2006, 08:18 AM
luckily I have a bunch of extra's for the tranny etc .. just need 1 connecting rod 2 pistons and sleeve's

Derrick Adams
03-19-2006, 08:25 AM
Boy, I sure hope your right. I definately want to see at least one of those beasts at TrikeFest!

erectordale
03-19-2006, 08:33 AM
the engine I got from Columbus runs just going too put new piston in it so it will last. I should have the frames and all at powder coat in about 10 days. The welder needs a couple days too get it welded up and fab up the swing arm's

Trikeaholic
03-19-2006, 09:35 AM
My advice is to buy a couple old ATK 406 bikes. They are out there and you will have parts a plenty. Same motor I am ALMOST positive. If you cant run it due to lack of parts for the 500cc, at least you could have 400! Look for Can-Am 500 and 400's as well.

I had an 89 ATK406, it was a BEAST, but it was the MX one with a really close ratio 5 speed and would get passed by my buddys tall geared RMX250 9 times out of 10. Very hard bike to ride, that 406 too much machine for me back then, probably the same now!

sandpuppi101
03-19-2006, 09:48 AM
I think you'll have the tigers ready for Trikefest,if your like me ,I seem to excel under preassure and having a tight deadline.I am sure we will be having a cocktail chatting about your Tigers in June.Your a traveling Gypsy like me when it comes to work,are'nt ya-When I am at work I get alot of time to think of a gameplan on my machines while I'm sitting waiting for the next hook!!! It's all about having a gameplan in my book!!!

scooterroo
03-19-2006, 11:58 AM
why was there a quad front end on the one? was it a super4? or did somebody try to convert it at one time?

erectordale
03-19-2006, 12:45 PM
These 500 was converted too quads when they would no longer let trikes race now I'm bringing them back too their form glory I just found another problem and this I will need some luck with. I tried too get the running motor in gear and wow what a ruckus. I found this bearing was gone and had been repaired with jb weld by former owner so now I need to get this case have fixed as it is almost worn thru

erectordale
03-19-2006, 12:49 PM
guess I will have too switch the crank out with the other motor for now

88 Turbo Coupe
03-19-2006, 01:32 PM
I have a used pair of crank bearings in good shape if you want em. Just pay shipping.

erectordale
03-19-2006, 02:20 PM
I have 3 sets of crank bearings. I will keep that in mind though thats a tranny bearing that was destroyed I will get one tommorrow just need the bearing seat welded up and re-machined bearing wobbles in there now

88 Turbo Coupe
03-19-2006, 03:07 PM
FWIW The bearings I have were not "raced".

erectordale
03-21-2006, 03:10 AM
I have the first engine together now and will try too run it tommorrow and post some pics or video frames are going too the machine shop tommorrow too have a little fab work finished.

Lomax
03-21-2006, 11:30 AM
Oh man, I love it when someone makes the "quick fix" dont you.

88 Turbo Coupe
03-21-2006, 01:08 PM
I also have a straight con rod and pin. Rod isn't balanced though.

erectordale
03-21-2006, 03:52 PM
I didn't do the Quick fix on this had cylinder bored dropped it off at 9:00 and picked it up at 3:00 shop was slow I guess normally a 3 day wait tried kickstarting this engine today and it backfired twice but not quite firing-up giving my poor leg a break will try again after while

Darius1502
03-21-2006, 04:27 PM
Do a couple things to start that big bore:

hold the kill switch down and kick her through the stroke about 5 times.

Then make sure you get the piston to TDC.

Then kick past TDC (slightly) so that the compression is reduced.

Then bring the kicker all the way up and

Then kick hard!

You can't start a big bore like a 250. If you try you will either:

1)break your foot,

2) break the kickerstarter lever, gears, or mechanism.

I don't know if you already know this but thought it may help!!

erectordale
03-21-2006, 11:29 PM
I had this one figured out it was fuel flow mostly why it would'nt start up. I put a little fuel in the plug hole and it sputters so its a fuel problem could be the temporary fuel tank has a small petcock feed It's off a 80 cc dirt bike. I took a spray bottle and if I would mist fuel in the carb it would run for a instant then die I know it will start and run just need to get it on its own wheels now so I can get it started and carb adjusted correctly. But for now I will pull it out of the trx250r frame and seal it on the shelf. It will be a few weeks before I get the frame back and ready too assemble. here's a pic of the beast of a engine looks even bigger when installed in a frame yes I had too cut the frame too get the exhaust on but this frame had been modified till it was not worth trying to save. For got too mention this engine will get a fresh coat of paint over the next few weeks.

jason85atc250r
03-21-2006, 11:39 PM
wasthat the frame that came with it when you bought the tiger 500's? thats a trx 250r frame why dont you use a after market 250r pipe like a LRD one. you would not have had to cut up the frame.

thefox
03-21-2006, 11:43 PM
Now thats a lot of cooling fins!

erectordale
03-22-2006, 12:04 AM
this frame had been modified too put the 500 in the pipes I have here would not work on it with all the mods too this frame will be scrapped in a few days not worth keeping just was using it too get the engine running now I will strip all the parts off and get rid of it

88 Turbo Coupe
03-22-2006, 06:19 AM
Hey that looks like the engine that was on ebay a while back that went for 340 bucks. You're lucky it wasn't sniped. lol

YTM200BOY
03-22-2006, 08:29 AM
have fun with your debts lol just messin sounds fun later man...

erectordale
03-22-2006, 10:30 AM
this engine was sniped. lol I had a 600. snipe on it. I used the bottom end that came with the tigers that I bought and the crank, cylinder, head off the e-bay motor the e-bay motor had the bad tranny bearing that I need too get fixed waiting on the case too be repaired now. these tigers can seem like a money pit . the end result will make it worth my while !!!!

blue27
03-22-2006, 10:34 AM
Keep it going, I know every time you turn around it seems like something else goes wrong. I can't wait to see finished pics!!!!

erectordale
03-22-2006, 11:44 PM
update: removed the motor from the temporary frame and found the reason it won't run the intake boot has a crack in it and not a little one. I fabricated the top motor mounts that was missing taking swingarm too the fabricator tommorrow too have 2 new ones made this one I have is very chopped up
I will post more pics as soon as parts are back from the fabricators meantime the polishing and cleaning the rest of the parts go on

BigGreenMachine
03-23-2006, 12:05 AM
Righteous!!! I wish I could afford a project like this, makes life interesting...well, more so.

Kintore
03-23-2006, 12:06 AM
Hey Dale, you camping at the same spot this year? I think we are, my dad liked the shade. And we got the Tim Hortons coffee for ya :)

Tiger is coming nicely, cant wait to see it in person. :w00t:

erectordale
03-23-2006, 12:10 AM
Kintorre we will be near the same area was thinking about maybe on top the hill for wet weather reasons

Kintore
03-23-2006, 12:11 AM
Kintorre we will be near the same area was thinking about maybe on top the hill for wet weather reasons

LOL cause of what you saw us do?:eek:

dizasterzrfun69
03-23-2006, 12:12 AM
Hey Dale, you camping at the same spot this year? I think we are, my dad liked the shade. And we got the Tim Hortons coffee for ya :)

Tiger is coming nicely, cant wait to see it in person. :w00t:

Well i know i'm going REAL early this year and hopefully getting a good spot for us. I'd like to be up where swiney was by the front of the house/building but we will see. It's alot easier to get in and out of and we would be able to save room for swiney also for the "feast" if he wants us to.

Kevin

dizasterzrfun69
03-23-2006, 12:13 AM
LOL cause of what you saw us do?:eek:

:lol: :lol: exactly

erectordale
03-23-2006, 12:13 AM
was the leaving that was interesting for all us guys down below Pl;us whith the tigers there I would like too keep them up top for all too see and enjoy

chris200x
04-28-2006, 08:12 AM
I was just wodering if you made any progress on this trike. I need an update!:lol:

scooterroo
04-28-2006, 08:47 AM
yes yes, details my man. maybe some progress pics if you got them.

erectordale
04-28-2006, 11:17 AM
Work has had me working 20 hrs a day the fabricator has put my swingarm on hold so I might have too fab this up this weekend I will get pics as soon asap tommorrow most likely the 250 I had at trike fest last yr is been getting worked on in my spare time while waiting on parts now all but the swing arm and shock are here and ready should be assembled by next weekend

erectordale
04-30-2006, 06:00 PM
I need a opinion exstend the swing arm or leave it stock. It would be easy too extend it now as the pic shows we cut it apart too bring it back too the correct lenght or longer the previous owners had shortened it for the trx frame. the 2nd pic is of the steering stem installed just get it gusseted and its ready for paint or powder coat. For now I'm going too paint with auto paint I want too make sure we are at 100% correct on all the restored metal work before I powder coat. I will post more pics later as i'm still trying too finish all this metal work up today so we can get it painted tommorrow. The rest of the parts are about 90% still need too rework a footpeg. but I have a spare that will go on for now. carb is redone, intake boot replaced, gas tank is cleaned out and will get epoxy paint this week fenders are still hanging on the wall out of harms way.The front forks will need a little polishing but should not be a bad job won't take long I have hoosier racing on 10" wheels for the rear and the original chengshin that came with the trike for the front. The only big hurdle I still have is the shock I have a 86 200x shock that will most likely be on here till a new one has been aquired.

ride_red_95
04-30-2006, 08:44 PM
keep it stock . make look like it came from the factory

SpeedBump
04-30-2006, 09:40 PM
keep it stock . make look like it came from the factory

Kinda hard to say what is stock for a Tiger. They were kinda all a wee bit different. The person buying had alot of input into what they wanted on each specific machine. (From what I have been told)

Not sure how long the original swinger was on this 500. Make it as long as it needs to be to look good. Mock it up with the axle and wheels/tires on it to get the "look" right. Take a measurement and go with it. You CAN'T mess it up! :w00t: If you are unsure about it....err on the side of LONGER!

Derrick Adams
05-01-2006, 05:31 AM
Personally, If I was rebuilding your 500 the first thing I would do is add a little more rake to that front end. I've always felt those things were way too stubby in front. I'm with Speedbump on making the swinger proportional but a touch on the long side. All it will do is help to keep the front down.

350xBomb
05-02-2006, 06:49 AM
Ive never seen a restored tiger, or one that didnt look like a box of parts for that matter. Cant wait to see how it turns out.

erectordale
05-22-2006, 12:01 AM
well if Swiney gets a chance maybe we can get him too add the pic he took of this project today. I not much of a photographer and would rather be working on the project than showing off what i've done. right now its about 70% assembled and run into a snag the swing arm after being all welded up is off about 1/4 ". This causes the rear axle and sprocket too be out of align so tommorrow early I will get this disassembled and re worked to fix this. Other than that just waiting on tires and throttle so assembly can be finished

erectordale
05-29-2006, 02:42 AM
OK I know I've been lacking with details and pics on this project> sorry guys but dial -up stinks for pics. well I will start with all that can go wrong has went wrong and we should be beyond all the major issues now. :beer
problems: start with the engine needed crank reworked and jug resleeved
2nd engine I bought be came a donor for these parts since it had a bad case
shock would have been really $$ I found a cannondale fox podium shock I bought cheap and made it work since I wanted this machine lowered . this machine will set around 5" off the ground should really corner well
swing arm had been shortened approximitly 2.5 inches
cut and add length then was off 1/8 " on 1 side sprockets would not
line -up

after swing arm was fixed found axle was bent and was out over 1/4" I owe John Swinehart big for his help today on this axle we straighten this with the aide of his work trucks out riggers and some tinkering now its within 2 thousands
found the carb boot was cracked Once again donor motor saved this project again.
twist throttle cracked in the process of installing so another delay bought new ones yes I have a spare now
tonight the exhaust had been modified too fit in a quad frame well looking the through all the exhaust I have and the one that came with the donor engine I was able to get it fabbed up needs installed but done. its really really close too the stock one. just so every one knows this whole project is painted with cheap auto paint. if all goes well and all systems work correctly right after TF06 it will get a complete powder coat job and tank painted with the good paint. and new decals on the frame as my plastic is in great shape. here's some pic's as this project sets as of 1:00 am this morning by monday evening it will be riding the property. I will not install the plastics till I get used too the power and how it delivers as I don't want too trash the vintage plastics. I forgot too mention that I have hoosier tri tracs waiting on rims for this machine as well. PLEASE INGNORE THE MESSY GARAGE AS TF06 IS TOO CLOSE TOO WORRY ABOUT CLEANING THE GARAGE. LOL

Orangecnty250r
05-29-2006, 08:05 AM
Never even noticed the garaged as I ogled over the machine :lol: . Looks great!! and better to take your time and do it right (like you've been) than to rush it.. Thats a rare BEAST you got there :beer

phreakboy
05-29-2006, 08:09 AM
looking great, and like tons of work. Man I would kill to play on one of those toys let alone one one or two or three...........:naughty:

erectordale
05-29-2006, 08:40 AM
Orange All I can think is I have another 1 too do LOL

grundlegrabber
05-29-2006, 10:33 AM
Looks great Dale! Its hard work sometimes, but the end result is well worth it. Hopefully your next build won't be so involved. Next time won't be as difficult, now that you've gained valuable experience.

slothminx
05-29-2006, 10:35 AM
Looks as though its coming together very nicely. Nice to see your doing the Tiger justice :cheers:

SpeedBump
05-29-2006, 04:16 PM
Nice to see it up and rolling. Why are you having issues with the pipe? The 500 had nearly a new one to put on. When I had it all mocked up, it seemed to be fitting ok. Anyway, glad you'll be able to bring it along. I will get some nice pics of it, and show the original owner. He will be impressed for sure. Keep at it......tick tock, tick tock!

erectordale
05-29-2006, 04:44 PM
well I started this beast up today and it started pulsating so its back out with the engine and put in the new crankshaft seals I knew I should have done this when it was apart

erectordale
06-01-2006, 04:06 PM
well as soon as the correct jets get here we will be riding. I have a couple small things to get done to be at 100% really needs some cleaning and polishing .I thought I would throw the plastics on too see how it looks I think we got a WINNER !!!!!!!

Kintore
06-01-2006, 04:10 PM
Damn Dale! Shes looking sick for sure! When ya getting to TF and where ya parking?

I want to see this rig in person! :w00t: nice job, I know you could git-r-done

cragster
06-01-2006, 04:11 PM
wow looks awesome! Are them plastics in the rear supposed to be yellowish? If not are they able to be polished out. Wow thats awesome though, it would be so cool to find a Tiger.....

erectordale
06-01-2006, 04:16 PM
the rears are a abs type plastic if you try too polish it will destroy the (I tried on a broken pc the fading is all the way through The new plastics are not done yet do too a flaw we found last week so they talked like 3 weeks too re work the molds then she will have all new

Kintore
06-01-2006, 04:20 PM
Oh and btw dale, were bringing coffee dont worry :) And not that US garbage, Canadian stuff!:w00t:

erectordale
06-01-2006, 04:24 PM
lol Thanks buddy I will leave the cheap stuff at home I plan on camping in the general area I was last yr just would like too be up top of that hill

erectordale
06-01-2006, 04:26 PM
I was just adding reciepts for this ouch but was worth it

chris200x
06-01-2006, 04:31 PM
That is truly a thing of beauty! Although I cannot say the same about the guy sittin on it there.. :beer

ride_red_95
06-01-2006, 04:43 PM
OMMFG!!!!! that thing is sick

slothminx
06-01-2006, 04:50 PM
THATS TOTALLY AWESOME!

Those hoosiers really set the whole thing off. I hope your gonna bring it to Silver lake, I want to drool over the famous Tiger 500! :)

erectordale
06-01-2006, 07:21 PM
I'm planning on it after all I went through too get it too this point I want too ride it a couple times before it becomes a garage queen

3leggeddog
06-01-2006, 07:46 PM
super nice dale,is that mostly the bike we brought back from pa,?looks siick for sure.great job on the restore,and if you don't mind sharing,what was the total of those reciepts?

erectordale
06-01-2006, 08:39 PM
Dog I added up 4700.00 but that includes all the parts engine wise too do the 2nd 500 and 3 pistons for the 250CC. You take them off will be right at 4,000. this is just painted and will be powder coated before I'm all done with it after trike fest so about another 150.00 yet

Orangecnty250r
06-01-2006, 09:02 PM
the rears are a abs type plastic if you try too polish it will destroy the (I tried on a broken pc the fading is all the way through The new plastics are not done yet do too a flaw we found last week so they talked like 3 weeks too re work the molds then she will have all new

Looks great.....you can restore those plastics.....I did on mine. Shoot me your email and I will send before and after pics and the precautions....I whitened my yellow PCV plastics better than a dental bleaching procedure...very time consuming but I think restoring the originals is way better than the reproductions

scooterroo
06-01-2006, 09:29 PM
where would you be able to get reproduction fenders for a tiger anyways?

Orangecnty250r
06-01-2006, 09:56 PM
where would you be able to get reproduction fenders for a tiger anyways?

He was having them custom done

Billy Golightly
06-01-2006, 10:54 PM
Some guy emailed me ages ago saying he had the original tiger plastic moulds that he got out of the factory when they went out of business and he wanted to get rid of them. Sounded like BS to me but I told him I wanted them and wanted to know what they cost. Never heard back from him even after I tried contacting him a few times.

erectordale
06-01-2006, 11:01 PM
I wish i could find them I would buy them molds asap

SpeedBump
06-02-2006, 12:56 AM
Dale, looks great. Glad ya got it done. I will need some pics of it to show Dave, and of course.....maybe a little ride for me.....???? I would like to say, not only did I own a Tiger 500, but RODE one too! C-Ya in a week or so!

erectordale
06-02-2006, 07:37 PM
well in about 2hrs we will see if this will run Carb parts are in

erectordale
06-04-2006, 05:25 PM
UPDATE as of right now this tiger 500 will not make trikefest I was changing the pickup and charging coil tighten the crankshaft nut up and it broke the end of the crank no way too keep the fly wheel on now . I have 2 more cranks but they need new rod bearing and or rods installed I don't have the tools to do this and the local shops take a week I will most likely stay home as this was what i planned on riding and had let working on my other machines go I have 3 runners and Not even close too what I wanted too ride :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

erectordale
06-04-2006, 05:38 PM
I should mention someone had redone the end of this crank before must have been a crack

Rm250RF900R
06-04-2006, 05:54 PM
That is truely a bummer. Just reading that update almost ruined my day. I cant even imaging how you must feel right now :(

erectordale
06-04-2006, 06:14 PM
This was saved by my fiancee she took the gas can away

Billy Golightly
06-04-2006, 07:39 PM
epoxy that mofo back on there! Drill a hole in the end of the crackshaft and use a stud to hold the flywheel end on it, weld it on there, do whatever you can!

seadoo650
06-04-2006, 08:05 PM
Dale you gotta make it! You can ride any of my bikes that you want. Dawn says you can even ride her 200X also. Heck, you helped make it happen. Plus you have to see it.

erectordale
06-04-2006, 08:49 PM
*I'm trying my darnest too make it the 250 will be there and the crank will be drilled tapped and bolted so maybe with any luck I can get there by wensday I'm off all week so as soon as coil problem is resolved after the crank I will be on my way

erectordale
06-05-2006, 10:39 AM
UPDATE the coil will be here by 10:00 am tommorrow th crank is drilled and tapped the other machine needs motor re assembled and will be done by dark ! 250 is already too go just need air filters should be able too find them

chris200x
06-05-2006, 11:05 AM
My hat goes off to you Dale for not giving up. I'm sure it is very frustrating. :beer

Billy Golightly
06-05-2006, 12:51 PM
Hahah damn your hardcore. I woulda given up for sure.

erectordale
06-05-2006, 01:38 PM
crank is fixed thanks too a new die and locktite can't wait for coil too get here

Howdy
06-05-2006, 02:27 PM
My hat goes off to you Dale for not giving up. I'm sure it is very frustrating. :beer

That is a TRUE Shively Family trait. No matter how bad it looks, or how bad things are going we don't give up. Now we may say were giving up, but down deep inside we are thinking up a workable solution to remidy ( sp? ) the problem.

Bro, I can't wait to see some video of it going!!
Howdy

Rm250RF900R
06-05-2006, 03:20 PM
This is one of the most exciting builds yet. Keep us updated :cool:

erectordale
06-05-2006, 04:33 PM
Bro I might have too swing by and tear up the yard for ya lol

3leggeddog
06-05-2006, 09:10 PM
i would let you tear up my yard on a tiger 500 anyday.grass will grow back,but the memory of roost last for ever.

bag of seed-40 bux
load of soil-60 bux
6 hours of hard labor-100 bux
a tiger 500 shreddin my yard-priceless!!!!!!!!!,lol

scooterroo
06-05-2006, 09:16 PM
pics pics, we want some pics

erectordale
06-05-2006, 11:13 PM
there's pics on page 5 of the completed build I'm just having a starting issuewas carb then coil went so God willing my new coil will be here in the am and I will be on my way too trike fest finish tuning there

scooterroo
06-06-2006, 03:49 PM
that thing is absolutely beautiful. i want one so friggin bad. nice job on the restore, my glass is tipped for yah. wish i was going to trike fest so i could see that thing in person, however the wife has other ideas of how i should be spending the week and weekend. lol. maybe next year, have a great time a tf.

erectordale
06-12-2006, 01:09 PM
Here's some pics of the 500 drag racing. Thanks too Dad's we got it too run well enough too drag race it. found my problem while there I put a modified head on this and was running way too high of compression not allowing it too be set right. it would only idle if being loaded up . I will be getting the correct headon this and the stock carb in the next few days . I should mention that it ran really fast if I could get it cleared out .

bassman
10-05-2006, 12:40 AM
I know this thread is old, but DAMN that thing is so awesome!
Whats the news on it now?

erectordale
10-08-2006, 11:56 PM
this Thing runs like a raped ape still having a starting issue but have made arrangements too have the carb tweaked too perfection. right now too start it you need a pull start takes about 40 ft then you are good too go. Where I live its mostly sand can't get this too hook-up till 6th gear. It does throw about a 30ft rooster tail of sand while trying too get it too hook

Bryan Raffa
10-09-2006, 07:48 AM
how ya makeing out on the fender that distroyed at TF?? Did you make a new one or repair the old?

erectordale
04-22-2007, 11:34 PM
been a long while since I've been too this thread . I thought I would up date this a little. Ihad the 500 out today and reset the timing . now I can kickstart it easily was sucking air somewhere but after running about 10 minutes and letting it cool it's not revving wildly any more wondering if the crank seals might of dried out setting over the winter

far as the fender well let's say it will be on the shelf not riding with fenders till they get the new ones finished

SPECK
04-23-2007, 11:20 AM
Can't wait until trikefest to see them!

the tecate kid
04-27-2007, 06:22 PM
Wish you would sell me one of those 250s. See ya at trikefest with a pocketfull of