PDA

View Full Version : Still no start...

blown355nova
03-17-2006, 12:11 AM
:confused: Well here I sit still wondering why my bike wont start. Ive checked everything I can think of. Carb is good, getting fuel. Compression is good, 185psi. Spark is questionable, I see it arcing, but it looks weak.

Are there any other vairables I can check? Cause I dont know where else I can look? We tried rolling the bike down a hill in gear, and it ran very weak on the way down, but still wouldnt stay running? Thanks in advance guys!

Frankencelery
03-17-2006, 12:18 AM
You should see a fat blue spark. If it's thin or it's more orange, you've got an ignition problem. You didn't say what kind of bike it was, but if it's CDI, check the gap. Also, grounding is an issue on some of the coils, or the coil could be bad. Change your spark plug too.

blown355nova
03-17-2006, 11:31 PM
Sorry, my bike is a Kawasaki Tecate3 250. Ive got a new plug in it now... Sould I take it all apart, clean everything and make sure ground it connected?

crackshot
03-17-2006, 11:49 PM
Sorry, my bike is a Kawasaki Tecate3 250. Ive got a new plug in it now... Sould I take it all apart, clean everything and make sure ground it connected?

Thats why because its a kawi. good trike, lousy unreliable ignition they have.

Frankencelery
03-18-2006, 12:35 AM
Dunno, you're out of my realm of expertise now. I had 2 KLT200's, neither of them ran but they had good spark, and my KLT110 starts on the first pull every time. The obvious things to check still apply, but I was referring to bad coil grounds on the Honda ATC's so I don't have anything specific on the Kawasaki.

blown355nova
03-18-2006, 06:32 PM
Then I guess Im just going to thow the thing in the trash. Cause Im not going to spend hundreds of dollars to get it running. Being its a 1984, the cycle shop wont work on it, and I cant sell it for anything worth selling it for. I will just throw it on the corner labled "free" Im not gonna waste anymore time on it, thanks anyway guys.

firefirefire90
03-19-2006, 12:15 AM
Hey man i will buy it off you if you don't want it. Every trike is worth money LOL

blown355nova
03-19-2006, 07:11 PM
I pulled off the pipe to see if it would start that way, it tried to fire once, but still a no-go. I pulled the reeds off to take a look and they are soaked in fuel. maybe it is flooded? Still has a weak spark. I have a meter, anybody know how I can test the stator/cdi/coil with it?