PDA

View Full Version : will any other tank fit on a 250sx?

dizasterzrfun69
03-15-2006, 01:25 PM
Well i have a leaky tank for a 250sx and i tried to redkote it but it didnt work. The instructions say it takes like 24 hours to dry and once it quits smelling like redkote then it is dry. Well like 3 weeks later it still smelled like redkote and i'm not sure if it's going to leak. If a 200x tank or something else would fit i might be able to get one of those cheaper or just take one of my dads.:lol:

Kevin

Lomax
03-15-2006, 02:01 PM
Not sure if its going to leak? pour gas in it, that takes the guess work out of things. The 200X tank I kreemed smelled like kreem for months after I done it ( I think it still smells that way actually). No leaky though.

dizasterzrfun69
03-15-2006, 02:07 PM
:lol: i could put gas in it, that would work! I'm just afraid it's going to hold gas for now but leak withing a few weeks of riding it. The outside bottom of it is starting to rust to and thats where it leaked too. I might just try it how it is and see if it will hold.

Kevin

Tri-ZNate
03-15-2006, 03:44 PM
you might as well try it because no other tanks will fit. If it stil leaks J-B weld the hole. Easy fix.

nouseforaname90
03-15-2006, 03:59 PM
I think you are wrong this time, Wheeliepop. From what I have been told and seen, the '85 and up Big Red tank will fit the SX. I'm not 100% sure of this but they look the same and I'm pretty sure they'd fit. Someone else is going to have to chime in though.