PDA

View Full Version : tri moto carb & clutch question

slowneasy
03-12-2006, 09:01 AM
got a couple questions hoping someone may be able to help me out with, riding tri moto yesterday and noticed it was venting fuel from tube on bottom of carb that comes out under back wheels not sure if it does it when riding noticed it when it was shut off figure float may be sticking? runs fine, gonna rebuild carb this spring has it was sitting for years before i got it hoping it will work itself out? also is it possible clutch could be slipping alittle from sitting all those years and just needs to be rode shifting is also alittle hard but seemed to get alittle better towards the end, i noticed in neutral in garage sometimes back wheels dont want to turn good when pushing almost like it is a high gear thinking maybe should throw a new clutch kit in it? any ideas will be great. thanks kris

kando
03-12-2006, 09:23 AM
If your float is sticking a bit throw some fuel injection cleaner in fuel. This will eat up sticky fuel residue on carb float hinge. Your clutch problem may be from clutch not set up right. Do a search on this sight and read up on how to set it up, as it sounds like it is set up too tight but usually they are too loose. Also check rear wheel bearings first if it is hard to push in garage and make sure chain isn't set up too tight, or brakes not releasing.

slowneasy
03-12-2006, 09:50 AM
thanks thats a good idea! will pull out manual and look it up, this one is a shaft drive where i noticed it might be slipping is when in second or third when i was in snow and you hit the gas seems like a hesitation then grabs and away you go didnt really notice it when on pavement but was having to much fun this is my first three wheeler and i can say what a blast to drive and damn good in snow to i took her down some snowmobile trails yesterday that i was on two days ago with one of my 2 wheel drive quads and the ytm is 100 percent better on the snowmobile trails than the quad, since this is my first trike im not really sure how the clutch should grab to begin with? also when downshifting on pavement seems like it grabs hard at first could be im not used to shifting it right yet may have been going to fast. also when pushing in garage sometimes pushes easy never checked the brakes will today never used them yet. thanks kris