PDA

View Full Version : Well since it seems to be project picture time..

Louis Mielke
03-09-2006, 10:53 PM
Some current pictures of my 500 project.

Current changes are the 450r rear fenders and seat, foot pegs are finished (400ex + cr500), all handle bar controls are present minus the throttle,
head light has bulb, both front and rear brake systems are complete, air box prototype is shown and I'm very happy with it, I'm still waiting for the aluminum version to come from welding, carb is in the mail, blaster kicker is installed,

Issues, the rear still looks high, its better when the suspension is loaded but I'm thinking about 20" tires real hard, fenders are not 100% mounted, waiting on final airbox to come back so I can finalize the subframe and then finalize the fenders & seat position, some trimming to be done to the fenders etc etc.....Will it be finished for trikefest?...not cosmetically.....will it be there and will I be riding it?....definetly!

finally most argue against me with this but I'm gonna get the accustart installed, not because I'm a sissy and "NEED" it....but more of a convience thing like electric start on thumpers...you don't "NEED" electric start....its just nice to have.

As usual this is far from done but closer everyday...

3Razors
03-09-2006, 10:55 PM
Looking nice! Is that a banshee or blaster kicker. Will it give you enough leverage to start it?!

200x Basket
03-09-2006, 10:57 PM
it is looking great. :w00t: with that kicker you will need something to help start it!!! i finally learned how to start mine and it is not too bad. i can start it with one kick but my foot is still bruised and i wear my work boots. :wondering

nouseforaname90
03-09-2006, 10:58 PM
That looks real nice! What kind of shock is on there?

Louis Mielke
03-09-2006, 10:59 PM
Hence the desire for the accu-start...;)

Louis Mielke
03-09-2006, 11:00 PM
That looks real nice! What kind of shock is on there?

Brand new works, I called em up, told them what I was doing, my weight, some measurments from my swing arm and they made it up for me. Pretty much just stock cr shock with a different spring rate.

The kicker is a blaster kicker grafted onto the 500 kicker knuckle. I was concerned myself but seems to kick over just fine and I was told by several people that the blaster kicker is stronger than the stock cr kicker

BigGreenMachine
03-09-2006, 11:11 PM
my foot is still bruised and i wear my work boots. :wondering

I've had the 250 do that to my foot with Vans on, I wouldn't want a 500 to do it.

Very nice looking machine! Love the white TRX fenders!

Oldshell4481
03-09-2006, 11:29 PM
wow that is beautiful, looks like a production machine aside from the swinger

toyota200x
03-11-2006, 11:02 AM
:wondering To me the whole trike looks a little weird. It is a super cool build but the way the rear fenders point up makes the trike have a banana look/shape. If you can get the rear fenders to have a more horzontal angle. Nice trike.

Louis Mielke
03-14-2006, 09:35 PM
:wondering To me the whole trike looks a little weird. It is a super cool build but the way the rear fenders point up makes the trike have a banana look/shape. If you can get the rear fenders to have a more horzontal angle. Nice trike.

Well as I've said before, It looks better once the suspension is loaded. This will always be a work in progress. Once the initial build is complete I'm gonna begin working on an inverted forks conversion. ONce the front end is finalized I'll make more permenant adjustments to the rear.

Also as I said, the fenders still need adjustment/are not mounted in the final location. No worries more to be done but its comming together.

3leggeddog
03-14-2006, 09:41 PM
lookin good bro.

so i take the kicker worked out.did you change it from the original nuckle i sent?sure hope it was worth it to you

again,it looks great,sweet work