PDA

View Full Version : What are fender stops??

trikezilla
03-08-2006, 06:47 PM
What exactly are they?
Where do they mount....can I mount them to my foot pegs or what?
any pics?
any one have a set (or a pic of the on an 83r?)

Thanks
Charlie

SWIGIN
03-08-2006, 06:58 PM
lol...we always called that #6 a bra...since it keeps the fenders from floppin around...lol

RichinMO
03-08-2006, 07:20 PM
Are you talking about those aftermarket things that bolt to your footpeg mounts and stick out behind the bottom of the rear fenders? They were meant to be used with the "foot fence" that mounted to the footpeg itself. It was an early version a "don't run over your own leg" guard. Helped stop your foot from going under the rear tire.

trikezilla
03-08-2006, 07:33 PM
No...I am actually taliking about what RichinMO is referring to. Do you need the foot fence to use them?
Thanks

RichinMO
03-08-2006, 11:00 PM
No, you don't need the foot fence. It will keep your fender from rubbing on your tire, but it won't stop your leg from going down there.

trikezilla
03-09-2006, 09:35 PM
Oh OK I see...well they are kinda oldschool so maybe Ill buy em and throw em on the R. Thanks all for the help....;)

Maine_Triker
03-09-2006, 09:52 PM
Here's a few pics...

The ones I got for the R are not exactly right, (aka: they are aftermarket ;) ) the holes for the bolts are a little off.. nothing a good bit of drilling couldn't fix though.

Phil

EDIT: The fender stops is the thing in the 3rd pic, the other ones are the fender fences