PDA

View Full Version : 84-85 tecate extended axles, who made them?

90nut
03-07-2006, 11:34 PM
Ok finally got my hands on a axle for the el green machine. Came with a parts bike I bought. I am 90% sure it is not an 86-7 factory axle as you have to use the 86-7 carrier for this to work and my carrier is the gold steel one. i haven't measured it yet but I believe it to be a plus 4". I will know tomorrow as I am letting the axle nut soak to get freed up right now. OK, enough rambling. Anyone know who made axles for the 84 and 85 tecate's? is there any way to ID it other than just guessing? ie, stamping, or anything like that? I was looking at it tonight and I noticed that the splines for the hubs have something unusual about them. One of the splines is skinnier than the rest. That being said, I didn't really look at one of my factory axles to see if they were like that. So if anyone knows who made axles for this that would be great. Tecate is getting closer everyday to going on its first ride in almost a year!!:beer

BigGreenMachine
03-07-2006, 11:49 PM
Finishline, Durablue, JP?

BigGreenMachine
03-08-2006, 12:42 AM
Also the 84/85 axle uses 14 or 15 splines for the hubs and the 87/87 use 24 splines.

Pics?