PDA

View Full Version : Hi all

tazzmann
03-06-2006, 09:10 PM
I have been re-building / Restoring my 1981 Honda 185s for sometime now and finally decided to get off my arse and see what forums are out there for these things. I have never owned one, but a highschool buddy of mine (WAY back when) owned one and I thought it was pretty kewl then.

I have since been into racing (1992 Suzuki Katana 1100) and now I am mostly into street bikes (1981 Kawasaki 440 LTD D3).

Anyway, I am having a problem finding a seat that will fit this thing and all the ones on e-bay are either Expensive or not in very good shape. Any you guys have any suggestions?

I am currently waiting on payday to order some clutch parts for both the manual and centrifugal clutch. Once that gets here, I am looking at a recoil starter pully and then exhaust. I am currently re-painting the tank to Passion Red (once I de-rust the tank) and then it I will try firing it up (I just got throught re-building the engine from the bottom up). Last to go on is the seat.

Anyway, I am going to attempt to post some pics of where it is at now when I get some reduced down in size. :beer

edog
03-06-2006, 09:11 PM
Welcome to the board.

nouseforaname90
03-06-2006, 09:13 PM
Welcome. Thedeatons on this site is currently restoring a 185S too.. talk to him about parts.. he might be able to help you on acquiring them.

tazzmann
03-06-2006, 09:16 PM
Thanks, i will give him a try!

tazzmann
03-07-2006, 12:04 PM
As Promised, here are som pics of where I am at currently in the re-build. The engine is getting a steam clean this week, so should look better next week. The wheels are also going to get taken off and cleaned up this week. I have a cycle shop down the road from me that is going to pull the tires off as I can't seem to get it on my own.