PDA

View Full Version : the 300x conversion.fact or fiction?

Mosh
03-05-2006, 09:18 AM
here it is.the 350x with a 300ex engine installed.this trike belongs to tripod troy of wellsville.most people have asked about this project and, i figured you would like to see one.as you can tell it is a clean engine swap and works real well.this engine is bored 50 over with a 12-1 piston,aftermarket cam and springs and a port and polished head.it also has a plus 6 swinger.it is very fun to ride.he just put all new plastic on it and came out to get his custom seat we did for him.so i figured i would get some pics before it hits the trail. i like the black and red alot.

Derrick Adams
03-05-2006, 09:20 AM
So that thing has electric start and reverse, is that right?

Mosh
03-05-2006, 09:27 AM
yep all the nice conveniences of the 300ex,without that extra training wheel.you have to run a 300ex shorty headpipe with some rebending at the front and also add a battery box to the subframe.but that it is a minor adjustment.the reverse gear was modified to be actuated buy using a second shifter,placed just in front of the trans shifter.this makes reverse easier to use and allows you to keep both hands on the bars to use reverse.he bought this bike for 800 bucks 5 years ago.the 350x motor was swapped to a 300ex and vice versa.

Jason Hall
03-05-2006, 09:29 AM
That Is one sweet ride. I don't know If I would like havin the swinger that long for slidin sidways, but what a great Idea putting a 300ex motor in there. It looks perfect in there.

Mosh
03-05-2006, 09:33 AM
he does a lot of crazy hillclimbing with it.that is the reason for the swinger.the motor is a direct drop in job.very minimal work to do.he said after riding trikes for over 15 years,he wonders why he ever rode them without longer swingarms and axles.he can turn this thing pretty much side ways on a hill and it will just sit there.it is very stable.at this length,it is 1 inch shorter than a stock tri-z and 1 inch longer than a atc 250r with a plus 4 swinger on it.

Lomax
03-05-2006, 12:07 PM
Thats really cool, I had always wondered about something like that.

mad_max
03-05-2006, 12:08 PM
Now thats a cool swap!:beer