PDA

View Full Version : Tri Z throttle

200xer
03-10-2003, 09:17 PM
My Z throttle is really stiff. Are all like this or does my cable just need a good oiling? If not what can be done about it besides a twist throttle?

ATCRYDER
03-10-2003, 09:39 PM
Oil the cable, check the slide on the card, and oil the internals of the throttle itself and find out. Not much that can go wrong with a throttle, Theyre fairly simple.

mike from long island
03-10-2003, 10:40 PM
buy new they are cheap.

TimSr
03-11-2003, 12:11 AM
They are typically really stiff on the Z. The 85 has a funky two piece cable setup supposed to make it easier, but it makes the problem worse. I guess the 86 uses a one piece cable, which I think will fit the 85. Im going to replace mine one of these days! You can also use a lighter spring in the carb, but if its too light, youll regret it. Of course, FIRST, make sure your exiting cable isnt gummed up, and moves freely by disconneting it from the throttle slide in the carb and seeing how it moves.

mike from long island
03-11-2003, 09:48 AM
on my 85 Z i got a thumb throttle from a warrior and had gotten a brand new single triz cable from fishmagican on trade. it not stiff or loose. so i guess it is a good push where it doesnt wear your thumb out!! lol i replaced the clutch cable too. i figure for the $20 a thumb or clutch cable i will replace it and save the old one incase i break the new one. just my way i guess good luck mike

Dynofox
03-11-2003, 12:45 PM
Mine is a little stiff, but I think that is just the way it is personly.