PDA

View Full Version : New Ride

MyMistress86R
03-04-2006, 09:14 PM
After over two years of waiting and wishing, my dream has finally been realized.

I am the proud new owner of a 1986 Honda 250R. I drove 9 hours, round trip, to pick it up this morning so I could ride it with my crew (OTC) this afternoon. This was honestly one of the best days of my life. I have no pics immedietly available, but watch either here or in local riding for a post from Derrick Adams about todays ride, which will provide a couple of pics of her. I will get some studio pics posted up as soon as she's all cleaned up though...lol.

FINALLY, a good reason to appreciate the IRS!!!

x.system
03-05-2006, 01:30 AM
How did it hold up for you? Hows it run?

Derrick Adams
03-05-2006, 08:36 AM
x.system, we really appreciate you hooking us up like you did. Todd is more than happy with the bike. Seems like a really good deal to me. He's been without a bike for 15 years, so this is a great way to get back into it. Twist throttle has to go though!

MyMistress86R
03-05-2006, 12:08 PM
Yup Yup I am 100% satisfied with the bike. I was worth every minute of the road trip and every dollar spent. My sincerest thanx x.system.

x.system
03-05-2006, 02:15 PM
Glad you like it. I found the title to it so that will be in the mail tomorrow morning.

If I would have known you had a ride planned I would have stayed up and had you come up fri night to get it.

Jim

MyMistress86R
03-05-2006, 09:18 PM
It's all good Jim. We got things taken care of and still made the ride session Saturday as well as Sunday. I am one whipped boy...lol. Especially after ending my day by piledriving the r into a kawasaki 750 ute quad. Luckily no damage to the quad, but I think I might have tweaked a fork a touch. Not enough to matter for regular riding though, so no biggie. But like I said when I picked it up...THE TWIST THROTTLE HAS GOT TO GO!!!!!! lol I wasn't a matter of if, but when.

seadoo650
03-05-2006, 09:22 PM
It's all good Jim. We got things taken care of and still made the ride session Saturday as well as Sunday. I am one whipped boy...lol. Especially after ending my day by piledriving the r into a kawasaki 750 ute quad. Luckily no damage to the quad, but I think I might have tweaked a fork a touch. Not enough to matter for regular riding though, so no biggie. But like I said when I picked it up...THE TWIST THROTTLE HAS GOT TO GO!!!!!! lol I wasn't a matter of if, but when.

The forks were'nt the only thing you tweaked.:Bounce LOL How's the jewels feeling buddy.

MyMistress86R
03-05-2006, 09:45 PM
LOL Rick

Well, let's just say I am VERY aware of where they are. The scrape that runs nearly from knee to crotch has me a little off balance though.

I'll live, but some very hard lessons were learned today.
1) Do not run twist throttles...
2) Do NOT use kawi ute quads as brakes...

I asked him if I LOOKED as terrified as I felt...his response, "Oh yeah".