PDA

View Full Version : wet spark plug?fixed

bigred1
03-04-2006, 02:42 PM
hey everyone I just picked a a 82 200e honda last night, at first start it idles low dies I pull the plug and it is wet with gas, is this a sign of running to rich if so is it fixable by adj. clip placement? thanks fopr help.

TimSr
03-04-2006, 03:29 PM
How long did you run it before you noticed this? This is typical if the bike was only run a few minutes and never got any real run time at full operating temperature. Cold motors run very, very rich, and without getting fully warmed up it never gets thechance to burn the crap off. Get it started, ride it for a 1/2 hour or so, then start seeing how your plugs look.

bigred1
03-04-2006, 03:55 PM
I was just using it for short hauls I'll try to keep it running now and see if that helps.

bigred1
03-04-2006, 04:50 PM
Okay I went playing around awhile got it plenty warmed up still when I come to a stop idles low and dies reffered to manual I'm thinking maybe i should set the idle speed a little higher any advice?

honda83
03-04-2006, 07:49 PM
I am in the same situation you're in. I adjusted my idle speed faster cause my bike was dying, now it does not die after adjusting it. However, my plug remains wet like yours and that is a problem that should not be overlooked.

trikes4life
03-04-2006, 08:38 PM
Ajust the idle, then possible weak ignition.

bigred1
03-05-2006, 03:52 PM
my idle screw is turned all the way in right now once I get it warmed up again I will turn it to see if I get any different outcome if that dosen't work I will adjust needle. I'll be back in a little bit to say what happens

xman23
03-05-2006, 06:28 PM
my 200x does the same thing but i put alot bigger jet in there for the winter becuase it was running way to lean, but in the summer when i got my normal jet in there it idles pefect, for the winter witht he bigger jet do i have to turn my idle up

TravEX
03-05-2006, 11:33 PM
My 200S was doing that exact thing when I got it, it would 'wet plug' foul every few minutes. I did all of the following and it works well now, dunno which fixed it. Clean and put bulb grease on the plug boot, coil/wire connections (and all other electrical connections). New air filter. Cleaned and checked clearance on pulse generator. Valve adjustment. Adjusted cam chain tensioner. It's been bout 3 years since I did that and no problems since.

bigred1
03-20-2006, 09:31 PM
short and sweet, plug getting to much gas book says third groove on needle and it was so I leaned it by moveing to second groove from top readjusted idle screw and so far so good quick and easy, I know it won't be the fix for every occasion but deffinatelysomething to check! hope this helps any one else thanks guys!