PDA

View Full Version : Tri Zinger for the boy

120hpharley
03-04-2006, 02:18 PM
Hi everyone. New to the website here. I have a CRF 50 with the 88 kit in it so I had to get something for my boy to ride. Found a '85 tri zinger in really good shape. All original, even has the tether cord and still has the oil pump hooked up and working. Only thing it could use is a gas cap. Original one must have been tightened to much and the top cracked. So if anybody has one let me know. Did a search on this site and already found alot of useful info on the little zinger from some real old posts.

crackshot
03-04-2006, 02:20 PM
Haha. Thats a nice piece of equipment!
You might be able to get an OEM one from www.bikebandit.com

120hpharley
03-04-2006, 03:53 PM
Thanks crackshot. I never heard of that site before. They look like they can get just about any part you may need.

Vealmonkey
03-04-2006, 04:23 PM
120hp, you can still get the gascaps from yamaha. Alot of the parts you can still get too. You want to pick up a set of boysen reeds for the pw50 and get the DG nationals pipe and change to the unrestricted exhaust gasket, it makes a world of difference. Check the DG site for the exhaust. IF you go to the dealer, see if they have any skyblue fenders like yours, I'm looking for one to fix my zinger up, I found some of the handlebar covers, in blue of course. Thanks. I have a zinger manual if you have any questions. By the way, nice zinger.

120hpharley
03-04-2006, 11:29 PM
That's part of the reason I got the zinger. Couldn't argue with the price and I can still get most of the parts to fix something that might break. Dealer wants about $12 for the cap. I know there's got to be alot of these things sitting around being parts out. Dealer also has a blue rear fender. Not cheap though, about $110.

Vealmonkey
03-05-2006, 03:02 AM
They can be fun. They are only 1 speed, no shifting at all. They go pretty good with the mods I mentioned above. If you find any blue front fenders, please let me know. I hope to be getting some of the blue handlebar covers next week in the mail. I wish my zinger had been that nice when I found it.