PDA

View Full Version : Just got my 110 from shop.........

Bunyan
03-04-2006, 12:22 AM
I just got my 110 from the Honda shop this evening. I had them put a helicoil in for the spark plug. They said it turned out good and I asked if they had started it up to see if it worked. They gave me the impression they had. I brought it home and tried to start myself and it was a no go. I took the plug out to look at the helicoil and found that the valves are hitting the leftover part of the helicoil inside the head. I am assuming that that isn't suppose to happen and is messing with the ignition/spark. Any ideas or input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

82300R
03-04-2006, 12:27 AM
i would bring it back.

Tri-ZNate
03-04-2006, 12:28 AM
tell them to redo it. You didnt pay for a half assed job.

MTS
03-04-2006, 12:33 AM
Bring it back and give them *Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited*!! that is complete BS......

Bunyan
03-04-2006, 12:49 AM
I already emailed them and told them about it being that when I found out about the helicoil problem it was after hours. So you guys are saying that it definately wasn't done right? I don't want to go in there and have them blow smoke up my butt. I will see what they say tommorrow. I definately need them to do something about it. Thanks.

MTS
03-04-2006, 01:00 AM
You could Allredy have Valve Dammage If it was hitting it signigantly, i have seen valves wrecked From Compression tetsors, same deal, I would bring it back, if they start blowin smoke up your ass, get the boss man out there..lol

Bunyan
03-04-2006, 08:25 AM
Thanks guys. I will go bust some balls!

Bunyan
03-10-2006, 08:18 PM
UPDATE: I took the 110 back in on Tuesday and called today to see what the heck was up. When I asked the status they said that they were getting the head put back on it. Apparently they did have to replace the valves from the damage done from htting the helicoil. I hope they put it together correct! They said they had it running but it won;t stay running. They suggested a carb cleaning. I know it was sitting for some months. I hope that it is all it needs. ANy other ideas of why it won't stay running before I pick it up?

MTS
03-10-2006, 09:14 PM
Valve lash could be incorect, i know my atc90 (near same thing) wouldnt run very good till after i rode it around a bit then it would run fine...it was kinda wierd never really looked at it cause it fixed itself..lol.