PDA

View Full Version : 350x really easy to kick over....

DeePa
03-03-2006, 08:58 PM
My 350x is very easy to kick over to get it started. I dont feel much resistance at all. I adjusted the valves over the summer. Could they have loosened a little bit? Making it easier to kick over? It will start with 1-2 kicks but i can use my hand to push the kicker down from the top position.

I need to tighten up the plug to see if thats loose, but i doubt it is. Im pretty sure the decomp lever is in the correct position. Its like its working too well.

I havent run a compression test on it yet because it still has great power.

Are they supposed to be this easy to kick over? Or am i just used to kicking the R over now, that this feels like nothing...

It runs great while idling and at full throttle. I havent noticed any loss in power since i got the trike in june. How hard are your 350'x to kick over?

Thanks,
Mike

grundlegrabber
03-03-2006, 09:06 PM
Check your valves again, make sure they didn't tighten up. If they tighten, they will be held open slightly, causing compression loss and eventually a burnt valve. Also, check your adjustment on the decompression cable. Try loosening it a bit. Try disconnecting it, and see how the compression feels then. Mine is fairly easy to kick over, but you can feel it hit firmly on the compression stroke.

CorbinKale
03-03-2006, 09:23 PM
Mine has always run just fine, and I have been able to operate the kicker with my hand, too.

DeePa
03-04-2006, 05:29 PM
well thanks everyone, but just to be sure im gonna recheck the valves, and readjust the decompression cable after that, then ill have a piece of mind that my valves arent going to go up in smokes.

Thanks for your help,
Mike