PDA

View Full Version : 200x blues..... *Updated 3/12/06

2VulcherX
03-03-2006, 08:40 PM
Well...some of you know that i recently bought a '85 200x. When i first got it, it would start, but it wouldn't idle and it smoked a little. My brother Pat and I decided to take the carb off and clean it. We did it all correctly. After assembling the carb and putting it back on the bike, we hooked it all up. Now the bike is extremely hard to start, and when it does start it won't idle to save my life. It seems like it's getting a decent spark, but I'll get a new plug tomorrow. Once you get it started you have to keep on the throttle pretty good for it to keep running. So guys, you have any ideas?

DeePa
03-03-2006, 09:01 PM
did you readjust the idle screw and air/fuel screw to manual specs? Did you write down their values before you disassembled it? You can get the manual here at http://deepa.recongamer.com . Are there any mods to the bike?

DId you use a moose or likewise carb rebuild kit, or just clean it and reassemble it? The kits are cheap, and are well worth the money for all of the jets and gaskets and such you get with it. Ive installed one on every bike that i own.

Did you clean the choke assembly/circuits inside of the carb? That can mess somehting up too

Try messing with the air/fuel and idle screws in accordance to the manual, and try a new plug, and see where it goes from there.

2VulcherX
03-03-2006, 09:13 PM
The bike is stock. We put the idle and other screw to factory specs. I was thinking about the fact that the airbox wasn't on the bike at all, that may have something to do with it eh? But i need to get a new airbox kit anyways, mine is missing the tube that hooks to the frame, and its also missing the metal air cleaner that goes inside the filter. Theres one on ebay righ tnow, i jus thave to wait for the auction to come closer to the end.

~..Josh.

Tri-ZNate
03-03-2006, 09:16 PM
yeah if there was no air box it was running really lean so it shouldn't idle. And it will make it a SIV to start as well. Put the choke on and that should richen it up.

2VulcherX
03-13-2006, 12:09 AM
Hate to bump an old thread, but it's prolly better than making a new one. Anyways, i got my airbox in the mail friday. Saturday i installed it along with my new Uni air filter. The bike still will not start. I have takent eh carb apart and cleaned it, (looked really good inside even before i cleaned it), and i put a new spark plug. After hundreds of failed kicks, i put it up for the night lol. What do you guys suggest next? New carb, or carb rebuild kit? Both around the same price on ebay.

OH YEA, one more question. The Uni air filter came with a spring inside. The little metal "air cleaner" that comes in the 200x airbox will not fit easily in the uni filter with that spring inside it. Are you supposed to take the spring out, or just not use the factory metal air cleaner piece with the Uni? Thanks again fellas.

~..Josh.

Somekindofjerk
03-13-2006, 12:25 AM
Just call your local honda dealer and pay like 50 dollars to have it fixed. If you have never adjusted a carb before dont even try... trust me!

2VulcherX
03-13-2006, 12:47 AM
Hrmmm i hadnt even considered that because i figured it would prolly cost more to get it fixed than i paid for the bike itself lol... Thanks for the reply.

~..Josh.