PDA

View Full Version : give me your advice please !

kasuki
03-03-2006, 07:10 PM
well im kind of stuck on what to do i have a 1984 tecate in my barn it is missing parts. and i think it would cost me alot to bring it back to life.i did think about redoing it only because i have a aftermarket swinger for it.i guess my ? is what kind of money am i looking at to restore this trike.or should i sell out and buy another trike already mostly there maybe only needs a few things. i got married a couple months ago so i have to be smart on how i do this because i only have so much money to work with.man buying a house will really put a damper on things.i just want to ride 2 stoke trike i know alot of you guys have been down this rode what is my best bet

Dads
03-03-2006, 07:32 PM
What is it missing.

kasuki
03-03-2006, 07:38 PM
motor,pipe,electrics,all new tires,brakes.forkes need rebuild needs a rear shock man it needs some work its not that bad but it does need some tlc

90nut
03-03-2006, 07:50 PM
Personally with the price a decent T3 is going for you could sell those parts or whatever and then buy another Tecate. Not one of those hondas:lol: Oh, and if you decide to sell your swinger I still have dibs right? I mean I have needed one for a looong time. The parts yours needs are basically the hardest to find and most exspensive to get. There really is no other engine that will work in there other than the 83-84 kx engine so you are kinda limited on terms of doing an engine swap.

Yamahauler
03-03-2006, 07:53 PM
What kind of paint did you use on that thing?

kasuki
03-03-2006, 07:57 PM
on what part

Yamahauler
03-03-2006, 08:02 PM
frame, axle, sprocket, hubs

DeePa
03-03-2006, 08:06 PM
i say just take it slow...one year get a motor, maybe some little things, then next year work on tires and rims, just keep picking away at it.

Or you can take out a loan and get r done

grundlegrabber
03-03-2006, 08:09 PM
Depends on what your needs are. You can usually buy a complete trike for less than the cost of a build-up. However, just about anything you buy is gonna need work. The advantage of doing a build-up is that you get the chance to go over every aspect of the machine as you put it together, and you'll end up with something real nice. It does take time and $$ though! In the past I have bought parts bikes and made one bike out of several, then sold the leftover parts to recoup some of my expense. Takes time though!

kasuki
03-03-2006, 08:30 PM
i used grabber green engine paint on some parts and just cheap black paint on frame