PDA

View Full Version : Tri-z suspension help

paul_roca
03-03-2006, 04:11 PM
would a banshee rear shock fit on a tri-z? i cant get a tri-z one anywhere :( :( :(

Yamahauler
03-03-2006, 04:17 PM
OS'in86 put one on his Z, he had to relocate the tank back an inch or so, he said it wasnt hard though.

http://bigborequads.com/smf2/index.php?topic=33.0

Kintore
03-03-2006, 04:21 PM
FYI, warrior bolt right in, thats what im running. 60 bucks shipped of ebay.
pretty well a stock replacment.

paul_roca
03-03-2006, 04:21 PM
thanks alot mate now i know im not well and truely ***please dont type around the word filters***

Billy Golightly
03-03-2006, 04:41 PM
I'm running a warrior shock on mine as well. I've heard you can use a raptor one but it raises the ride height a couple of inches.

TimSr
03-03-2006, 05:06 PM
Stock length for Z is 13.5", Warrior and Banshee is like 13.6", practically teh same, but the Banshee piggyback resevoir is a problem on the TriZ. The Warrior has a remote resevoir and works just fine. I think some of the first couple year Banshees had a shock with a remote resevoir too, but with Yamaha shocks only having a couple year lifespan, there arent many around. The Warrior has slightly heavier spring than the TriZ.

The 01 Raptor shock works. I had one on mine, and took it back off. It adds a little travel but raises the rear end really high, and for that reason it sucks on the MX track. It worked fine in the HS I ran, where height wasnt nearly so critical, and would work well on trails, but I do too much track riding to keep swapping it out, so Im going to resell it and buy something else.

Yamahauler
03-03-2006, 07:44 PM
What if I were to get an Elka shock for a Warrier. Would an Elka shock for a Banshee give you the same performance?

TimSr
03-03-2006, 11:14 PM
If they both have the remote resevoir it would be the same shock, but have you priced Elka shocks? Buy one for me while youre at it!