PDA

View Full Version : T3 dismemberment **update 06-19-06**

ATCWRENCH
03-03-2006, 12:18 AM
you guys always wanna see pics of projects, right? well here ya go.

these 3 are just some pics to show what it was when i got it. nothing to empressive.

the third one is a pic of the rear strut rod. the guy that I bought the tecate from did this to "help" keep the front end down. all it did was make it really top heavy and twitchy.

Dammit!
03-03-2006, 12:20 AM
Let me know if you want to sell the headlights. :)

ATCWRENCH
03-03-2006, 12:20 AM
this pic is showing how i turned my T3 into a T2 big wheel:lol:

I really dont know the purpose of these two shots, they just look funny side by side

chris200x
03-03-2006, 12:24 AM
where the heck did you get white tecate fenders? Are they painted?

ATCWRENCH
03-03-2006, 12:26 AM
the first pic is showing the difference in the steering lock before and after I had added the tank mount spacers. you might have to look close to tell, bad pic angle. if you look at the tank mounts in the first pic of the second thumbnail, you can see the aluminum spacers between the tank and the mounts.

the second pic is showing the ghetto *Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited* wire job. its all factory and all there, just ghetto. also showing the marvelous muffler mounting gear:banned:.

oh yea and the amazing wheelless tecate duck. it looks like a duck to me anyway

ATCWRENCH
03-03-2006, 12:29 AM
the front and rear fenders are white(no pic of rears) the tank is green painted white. I have no idea where they came from as they were on it when I bought it. the rear fenders are for the 86-7 T3's and are cracked and really flimsy.

anyone wants the fenders i will sell them. PM me an offer. not to low, not to high.

grundlegrabber
03-03-2006, 12:39 AM
Looks like it needs some love. Keep us posted. Can't wait to see the transformation!

scooterroo
03-03-2006, 01:00 PM
nice...you keeping it white? i was thining of doing white fenders on my bike but stuck to the stock green color and went with a white frame and triples. keep us posted on the progress.

ATCWRENCH
03-03-2006, 01:33 PM
red plastics, white frame and swinger, silver hubs and linkage. pipe will be creamic coated a light blue grey and a natural aluminum silencer.

since its almost impossible to find a green youFO number plate, let alone a red one, I going to make the radiator guard the number plate since it wont be used for anything else after the radiator is mounted on the frame. I am going to cut the 2 middle bars out, grind all the hidious welds down so they look nice, find a tighter mesh screen for it so the numbers show up better, powder coat it red to match the plastic and have the number 88 air brushed on.

ATCWRENCH
06-19-2006, 11:35 PM
ok guys I'm pretty sure some of you thought this project died and fell to the waste side. No, it just took the radiator guy 2 months to build my radiator.

the radiator itself is aluminum but the cage it sits in is mild sheet steel that is welded to the frame. the cage has the front air shroud welded to it as a main support piece.

the only complaint I have about it is where and how the fill is. it protrudes out of the side of it like the little orphan child noboby wants. the thing I think is cool about it is the fluid flows side to side. comes in one side, goes to the other side, drops to the bottom half, then back to the other side to the outlet.

if the fill neck gets ripped off by chance i already know how I want it fixed ans some of you might see right off hand. I will have pics soon of the riding fender mounted up to show clearances. enjoy

BigGreenMachine
06-20-2006, 12:16 AM
Thats neat! Something I'd love to do is take that damn rad off the forks.

Are you going to brace the frame on the sides where it makes a V under the airbox? That was something done on the 85 frame vs the 84.

youngbansheeman
06-20-2006, 12:26 AM
Cool bike!!!Put some pics or the wiring harnes I need help to know how to connect it!I just need to coonect the yellow wire coming out of the flywheel!!!!

ATCWRENCH
06-20-2006, 09:34 AM
Cool bike!!!Put some pics or the wiring harnes I need help to know how to connect it!I just need to coonect the yellow wire coming out of the flywheel!!!!

the yellow wire on mine is for the headlights. once mine is up and running it wont have that wire anymore. if you need a wiring diagram I can scan a picture in later this evening.

ATCWRENCH
06-20-2006, 09:35 AM
Thats neat! Something I'd love to do is take that damn rad off the forks.

Are you going to brace the frame on the sides where it makes a V under the airbox? That was something done on the 85 frame vs the 84.

didnt plan on it but since you pointed that out I'm gonna have to. I'm a pretty big guy and I ride hard and aggresive so anything I can do to make the frame stronger is a plus.

Tecate250
05-09-2008, 01:00 PM
Anything new on this setup?

3Razors
05-09-2008, 01:45 PM
Green number plates are being reproduced by this seller on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=005&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=150148150825&rd=1

Tecate250
05-09-2008, 04:52 PM
I mean with the rad relocator?