PDA

View Full Version : Z guru's I need your help...

BLAZERONE22
03-02-2006, 04:04 PM
It is not my week... I just fired up the Z after installing the topend and antifreeze is coming out of the overflow... Is that just air I need to bleed from the cylinder? Or is something up?

Howdy
03-02-2006, 04:44 PM
You may want to check the impeller. I have read a few threads over the years about how they go bad. You also might check your Radiator Cap.
Howdy

Darius1502
03-02-2006, 06:38 PM
How much coolant. Sometimes it will stabilze.

Touch the cyinder after starting and running it for 3 mintues. Is to too hot to touch....like an air cooler? If so check the impeller. It should NOT spin freely.

hrc200x
03-02-2006, 07:03 PM
I just went through the whole Z impeller problem. I bought a Z with the right side of the motor taken apart, it was missing some misc. things, I bought them and as I was putting the impeller cover on I kicked it over and the impeller turned, so figured everything was fine, got it running and rode it around a bit, the cyclinder was very hot. Took out the thermostat thinking that was stuck closed, same thing. Let it cool down, ran it with no stat, and with the radiator cap off and it appeared that no coolent was flowing. Took the impeller cover back off, kicked it over and it spun. It was until I put resistance on the impeller fins and tried kicking it that I determined that it was infacted stripped out. Replaced the impeller and seal and it seems fine. How long did it take for it to start comming out the over flow? Seems to me the only time it should come out is if its overheating or compression is getting into the cooling system.

Bryan Raffa
03-02-2006, 07:37 PM
You may want to check the impeller. I have read a few threads over the years about how they go bad. You also might check your Radiator Cap.
Howdy

thats where i would start then the thermastat then the cap!!

03 ORANGE SHEE
03-02-2006, 07:41 PM
get the ronnie billet thermo housing tee..no more thermostat to worry about
blow headgaskets on z's do this sometimes, push compressed air out, antifreeze smell like gas??:wondering

BLAZERONE22
03-02-2006, 08:00 PM
I think she quit... Heck maybe I overfilled it... shes definitly pumping...

TRI Z Racer
03-02-2006, 10:49 PM
im gonna have to agree with 03 shee, the "ronnie -T " is pimp!!!! and if your antifreeze in the bottle has a rainbow sheen in it its most likely the head gasket. or if your exhaust is really white and sweet smelling its a headgasket

BLAZERONE22
03-03-2006, 12:43 AM
Okay guys, It was not overheating... I just did the topend, got everything hooked back up... filled it with antifreeze and bled it thru the bolt down on the head... fired it up and antifreeze spewed out of the overflow hose... I was not hot from running...

http://www.snapfish.com/slideshow/AlbumID=38216010/PictureID=1111732008/a=1266333_1266333/t_=1266333

Bryan Raffa
03-03-2006, 01:05 AM
lol we just want you to buy some trick parts for the z that you dont really need!!! just buy the rad. tee would ya lol

TRI Z Racer
03-04-2006, 01:50 PM
if its spewing out the overflow when its not hot and the sysytem is not under pressure then its probly something like the rad cap, how does that look?

TimSr
03-04-2006, 03:37 PM
If its coming out when cold, its the head gasket sealing surface. Your compression escapes from the cylinder and goes into the cooling jacket which surrounds the cylinder. Your piston is pressurizing your cooling system. It shoudl squirt a bigger blast each time you rev it. Aside from the head gasket, TriZ heads are frequently warped. I tape fine sandpaper to a piece of glass, and rub the head on it in a circular motion. When you look at the base of the head, it will be obviously where its not flat. Theromtstat will not cause this, and in fact will probably not cause it to overheat because every single one Ive seen fail was stuck wide open, not closed. A radiator cap will not cause it, because when the system is coll, there should be no pressure in there. Take the radiator cap off, rstart it and rev it. Ill bet each rev it blows coolant out the cap hole.