PDA

View Full Version : 200x value?

Jim mac
03-02-2006, 12:05 AM
A guy is selling a running 200x new plastic,nice seat, good tires, only thing missing is the rear caliper, and a complete 200x parts bike and a frame with swing arm and shock. all for $750. Now the wife will kill me if I go and buy the whole shebang, so I figure I could afford $250 for the parts bike. He told me he thinks it doesn't have compression, it just stopped running. it needs a front fender and seat, clutch cable and lever.
question. is $250 fair for a 85 200x. that has a unknown motor condition? if its just rings I have no problem with that, Im hoping its something simpler. I also have a 85 200S if the X motor doesn't work out I can always yank to S motor and build a auto X. How much do you put into a 200x before your into it upside down (having more in it than its worth?). Reason I ask is the 200S is a nice driver, I have $125 in it, I can install the motor in the X and be good to go for under $400. but I end up with a useless frame and a non running X motor. or just figure out whats up with the X motor and hope its not too expensive to fix. What would you folks do? This may all be moot, Im still waiting for him to call, he's got someone that wants the runner and not the parts bike and we're suppose to pitch in and make the $750.