PDA

View Full Version : atc 90 "kicks"out of low gear???

Ddw350
02-28-2006, 11:33 PM
it seems to only do it when you are in 4th gear and are not under a load,like your backing off the gas and it kicks out of lo range.it then just goes between the lo and high and stays there till you put it in neautral and switch it back to lo...or high.it hasnt slipped out of high yet though...any thoughts..it a 78 atc 90

dufrain
03-01-2006, 02:59 PM
I wonder if you are getting it all the way into low range when you switch.On my 79 -110 when i stop to switch to low if i move the small lever it doest go all the way in,then i put it in first and pull the lever and it slips all the way in.If its not that it sounds like a worn gear.

Ddw350
03-02-2006, 12:30 AM
thats what it kinda feels like,the selector switch goes way back for high..but just a little way into the lo gears...i might remove the high lo selector and look around in there

dufrain
03-02-2006, 02:22 AM
Try pulling it to go into low while standing to the side then put it into first with your hand ,then pull on the low range lever again.Thats what it takes on mine.

Howdy
03-02-2006, 10:40 AM
Other possabilities:
It could be the retainer Ball / spring is wore out / gone bad.
It could be that 1 or 2 of your sub tranny gears are wore.
These problems are easy to check out. You just need to pull your sub tranny cover and inspect them.
Howdy

Ddw350
03-03-2006, 12:05 AM
i think it has something to do with the selector,cause its not slipping out of gear,just lo range...ive heard of the "spring" wearing out or losing tension..then it would slip out of range...it happened on my cousins 125 m,he got the spring but never put it in....i will take the cover off this weekend and look,unless i sell it before that,its in my front yard for sale,i really hate to get rid of it cause its so clean and nice looking,but its causing an uproar with my nephew and his dad...its a long story...