PDA

View Full Version : new 200x

Aussieboy1
02-27-2006, 02:44 PM
Got myself a new 84 200x its a bit rough but all there.I t cost $ 100 NZ which is about $68 US The points are shot so will replace this week. SO hopefully this will work If l cannot get the motor going l looking at fitting a 4 valve Jawa 500 extending the swing arm and racing it against quads at the local speedway track..

chris200x
02-27-2006, 03:11 PM
well good luck replacing the points on that 200x. If you figure out how to do it let me know.

Lol.. Just messin with ya. there are no points on the 200x. Pull the plug with th e coil attached and hold it to the frame. Kick it over and check for spark. Should be a nice strong arch jumpin from the tip of the plug to the frame. it might be a good idea to drop a little oil down into the spark plug hole so the piston gets lubed. Has it been sitting a long time? Losing spark is a common problem with the 200x's but is a fairly cheap fix. But for the price you paid for it your way ahead of the game. Nice find! keep us posted.

Oh, btw. That 500 motor is a good idea in theory... but i serioulsy doubt that little 200x frame could handle that motor. you'd end up cracking or twisting it for sure. ;)

CorbinKale
02-27-2006, 03:20 PM
Good find and a great price!

petesatc
02-27-2006, 05:06 PM
looks like a 85x to me????

Aussieboy1
02-27-2006, 05:56 PM
You maybe right there the build date is september 1984 so it could be a 85 model.. I have had a better loo at the engine and it seems like it has broken the timing chain.. The motor was rebuilt about 10 hours before it stopped and now it has no spark and no compression i pulled of the CDI cover and the shaft which runs it is not moving when kicking it over.. But when kicking it over there is no funny noises coming out of the engine.. Does somebody have a work shop manual for this model and would maytbe be able to scan the pages which cover the motor disassembiling ..

nouseforaname90
02-27-2006, 06:01 PM
$68?? Wow!! Whats with all the people finding deals on X's lately? Thats a STEAL for $68. Looks to be a great candidate for some TLC.

firefirefire90
02-27-2006, 06:49 PM
Hey mate, good deal. But don't think the timing chain is broken. I had the same problem with my X, the chain was just off the little sprocket inside the motor. Take the motor out, take everything out, and make it all good. Put a new set of gaskets on and slip her back in. Hmm...no compression = your valves might be set as one is open the entire time. You will NOT have spark without your Pulse Alternator going(stuff inside of CDI cover attached to CAM). Its just like a car, no alternator, no go.

edog
02-27-2006, 07:45 PM
Nice X,Keep the pics comming.

Aussieboy1
02-27-2006, 08:42 PM
well l just down loaded a work shop manual of the web so will order gaskets tonight and pull out next month, after l finish new bathroom for wife..