PDA

View Full Version : faster 200x

atcfreak85
02-26-2006, 11:35 PM
I have an 85 200x and I was wondering how to make it faster? It is bored 80 over with high compression wiesco piston,aftermarket cam, k+n filter, and 13 - 40 sprockets. I can't remember the tire size as of right now but I know there smaller than stock , so.......that is why I put the 13 on. Is it worth th money to get it ported and polished? Or bigger carb maybe? Around how much $ for port+polish? PLease let me know my best option.:wondering

firefirefire90
02-26-2006, 11:42 PM
Hey dude..best site in the world and they are awesome people.

www.powroll.com. Oh and a 28mm carb, midrange cam, and hopefuly you have a wiseco piston in there, port/polish, will make it wicked fast. I ported and polished the head myself and it isnt to hard, oh and also see if you can put bigger valves and valve springs in her. Mine has all of the above but a 26mm carb. Good Luck!

xman23
02-27-2006, 11:17 AM
ok do you want it quicker or faster on top end, where i ride preety much all i do is run gravel roads and strait open trails and across lakes in the winter so i was looking for top speed so i went with 13-35 sprokets and boy-o-boy did that make a difference, my friend used to beat me with his 350 warrior and i changed those sprokets and i blew right by him, but then again *Edited* sacrifice a little on the bottom end, i just dont like runnung so many rpms all the time when im just crusing so thats another reason why i changed them

vartiak15
02-27-2006, 08:40 PM
powroll kit, i think they make a stroker, port n polish, biger valves (i think powroll makes some)6 speed trany and that is about it with the mods you have done to it. xr200 carb (and 6 speed trany). and a supertrapp, with over sized headder.