PDA

View Full Version : Does this sound like jetting?

crackshot
02-26-2006, 07:33 PM
1985 250R.
When I gas it hard in 1st gear, gets to almost powerband range and cuts out like it is starving for gas. (like its missing or a car with a rev limiter)
Getting plenty of gas through hose and cleaned filter screen in tank.
Does this in second too but the other gears seem fine.
Sound like jetting not set correctly?

crd00
02-26-2006, 07:47 PM
ya it does sound like the jetting is off.... thats only a small problem,it could be worse. Just find a couple of pairs of jets and fool around with them and see if thats the problem.

Dammit!
02-26-2006, 07:50 PM
I just had a similar problem last weekend. I was being stupid and doing the opposite of what I should have been doing until Kasey corrected me. The R was bogging like it was running out of gas right as I'd get into the powerband and around half throttle. If I slowly got up to WOT it would be fine once i was past the half throttle range.

I raised the needle clip which just made it worse. I needed to raise the needle by DROPPING the clip so it could get more gas in the half throttle range. Fixed it right up.

crackshot
02-26-2006, 09:47 PM
I thought so. I am at 4600 feet and when I go camping, thats at 6000.
Manual has jetting for 3300 to 6600 ft for 22 - 104 degrees which should be perfect.
Temp is getting warmer now and all the snow is almost gone. All we have is major mud!
Does the Honda dealers still carry these? I want to get every jet the manual spec.
Last time I went there the guy gave me a couple for my kids 110 but they did not fit an totally the wrong size.
Is there certain part numbers for these I should ask for or just have them look it up?