PDA

View Full Version : opinions and info on a 250sx

crd00
02-26-2006, 06:24 PM
I might be buying a 250sx now and I would like some info on it. What should I look for when I'm going to buy it? whats some mods I could out on it to make it faster? Is a 250sx faster than a 200x and a tri moto 225? whats the top speed (in mph) of a 250sx? And are 250sx's good bike or are they trouble?????

please help

Tri-ZNate
02-26-2006, 06:31 PM
OK the SX-things to watch for when buying

1. Grab the grab bar and wiggle the rear end back and forth to see if there is any play. No play = Bearings Good
2. Look at the rear end oil. If its milky that means there is water in it and it needs to be changed
3. Take it for a ride and make sure it shfts through all gears.
4. See if the electric and kick starts work and test all the lights.
5. Check brakes ;)

If it all checks out your good to go.

As far as speed, about the same as the 225 and a little slower on top end than the 200x (the SX average from what all the other members have said seems to be about 56mph for pure stock). Modds for them range from a 200x, 250r or 350x front end, to better rear shocks, pipes, and all kinds of engine modds (camming, high comp pistion, and porting). Is it worth it? Probably not but it makes them alot more fun :twisted:

Like a honda they have an indistructable engine and the only thing I have had a problem with is mud getting into the brake housing.

crd00
02-26-2006, 08:24 PM
ya because if i gets a 250sx i just wanted to know if i would beat a trimoto 225 because my cousin got one......thanks alot for your info, that really helped.....does anyone else have any information?

mad_max
02-26-2006, 09:12 PM
'wheeliepop pretty much covered it, I'd add:
-Check the rubber flex boot that connects the engine output to the swingarm, if its damaged there may be water/debris in the driveshaft area or possibly the rear gear. This stuff gets rather pricey to fix/replace.
-If possible take somebody with you so they can watch you ride it to see what you cant (smoke out of the pipe, wheels bent etc)