PDA

View Full Version : Need Opinion on GBC DirtDevils and need a Tri-Z Pic

BigGreenMachine
02-26-2006, 05:26 PM
Looking for an opinion on these tires in a 22/11/10 size. Have a set of Spidertracks on my Tecate now but they are too hard, ride rough and aren't the trail tire I need.

The DirtDevil A/T looks like a fairly aggressive, flat profile tire that won't ride like tire chains. Concerned with the weight of it versus say Mudlites?

Also anyone have the picture of the black Tri-Z with Dirt Devils mounted. Nick named FrankenZ wasnt it?

James

90nut
02-26-2006, 05:29 PM
dir devils are nice but are kind of heavy I think. I agree the spider tracs on the tecate don't work so hot. I am running the kenda klaw's on mine in the stock size. They are nice and I would buy another set. Pic with the z I can't help ya there.

HELLONWHEELS
02-26-2006, 06:16 PM
I'de say mublights and dirt devils have the same tread just the mudlight is lighter and you dont put alot of air in them and they almost got the flat sporty look

BigGreenMachine
02-26-2006, 06:40 PM
Mudlites don't have the same tread. Maybe the same depth of tread but not design.

I like the GBC because of the flat profile so it might actually slide and not have a ton of sidewall flex. Although the sidewall flex would be desirable on the trail.

Tri-ZNate
02-26-2006, 06:50 PM
My friend has dirt devils on his quadrunner 500 and they slide like crazy, but still sling mud when they need to. They are fairly light too (compared to my Gators atleast). His were wore down some but they were a soft ride too.

BigGreenMachine
02-26-2006, 07:39 PM
How soft of a tire are they? Conform well to rocks and such?

3leggeddog
02-26-2006, 08:40 PM
if you are looking for a sporty trail tire,i suggest the gbc shredders.i had very good luck with them.slide good,hook good,clean out good,wore good.imo,a very good tire.worked in the trails,on the track,or in the creek.muddin.i liked them

Tri-ZNate
02-26-2006, 08:59 PM
How soft of a tire are they? Conform well to rocks and such?

yes. They are about the only mud tire I know of where you push on the tire and it actually gets pushed in.

TimSr
02-26-2006, 09:11 PM
If you like the tread pattern of the Spiders, I might suggest Cheng Shin Jackals. Very similar tread pattern, squared off profile, lower profile (22" look like 20's) very thick and puncture resistant, but a very soft rubber compound thats very flexible, unlike the spiders. They are also pretty light weight. I had some laying in the basement that I put on JimJr's 200X as temps, but now he wont let me replace them!
Of course, my personal favorite mud tire on the big dog trikes is the Maxi All Trax. Somewhat squared off yet somewhat rounded, lightweight, thick and very difficult to puncture, NEVER wear out, and unstoppable mud traction.

BigGreenMachine
02-26-2006, 11:47 PM
Tim, I was looking at more of an all terrain type tire then a mud running tire. (Jackel I mean) The Tecate won't see much bog. More soft marsh, grassy trails with roots, dirt roads, rocky trails and such. I see the Alltrac as an option but I'm keen on the flat profile of the GBC over the Maxxis.

Anyone have a pic of that Tri-Z with the Dirt Devils on it?

chris200x
02-27-2006, 12:05 AM
I only wish I had a z with DD on. Unforunatly I only have them on my POS grizzly. They seemed to work pretty well with the little riding time I have on them.

BigGreenMachine
02-27-2006, 12:22 AM
Need more angles!

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/pppics/sYamtriz037xtriz5.jpg

The look big, must be the 8 inch wheel their on.

Wickedfinger
02-27-2006, 01:13 AM
That would be my FrankenFlyer Z you were refering too

BigGreenMachine
02-27-2006, 01:15 AM
Sharp indeed! Awsome Wickedfinger, how did those tires work for you? Sold the Z I assume.

James

Wickedfinger
02-27-2006, 01:21 AM
They worked well for my type of riding and were terrific in the snow. They looked really cool on the Z to boot. I mounted Blaster hubs as I recall and went with an 8", Blaster pattern, .190 Douglas rim. I sold the Z a few Years back and bought My '90 LT250R.