PDA

View Full Version : Bought a 200X yesterday...

Dirtcrasher
02-26-2006, 04:36 PM
We hired a new guy last week. He claimed he had an 86 200X that he haden't rode since he broke the exhaust pipe riding a wheelie. He said he wanted about 500$ for it. So I flew over there acting like I could use some of the parts and would "take it off his hands". Very sadly though, it's just a plain old 85...:( I was psyched thinking about restoring an 86 but not very interested in an 85. I offered him 200$ and he took it. It is mostly all stock.... The tank is mint inside - just needs paint, brand new bandits, supertrapp exhaust, kicker doesn't slip, good tail light and tool box, nice shrouds, good headlight, both brake systems work and it was stored inside! Needs a header pipe, rear brake lever and right foot peg, rear axle bearings and all the plastic is junk. I hate to disappoint anyone but most likely I will part it out. I have no need for an 85 200X, I'd restore it if it were an 86 but would rather invest my money in a 350X. Who knows though, maybe I'll take a better look at it and decide what to do. Anyone know what # bearing fits the rear axle carrier??

smokinp
02-26-2006, 04:39 PM
even though its not a 86 theres nothing wrong with that:lol: :lol:

Dammit!
02-26-2006, 05:17 PM
I might be interested in that Supertrapp depending on what he meant by "broke the exhaust".

Hell of a steal at $200 though. Lucky find.

xman23
02-27-2006, 11:26 AM
200 bucks and you dont want to restore it.Wow that was a steal, hell put new rear fenders on it, fix the little problems and sell it for three times as much as you paid for it, if it was me id be fixing it and kepping it

Dirtcrasher
02-27-2006, 05:31 PM
It's just that I have enough projects already and I really would prefer to restore an 86/87 200X or an 86 350X. Sure, I can spend some bucks on plastic and get something for it but it has a few parts I could use too. I can use the whole front end, disc brake, tires and rims, toolbox and tailight. I'll bet that supertrapp will fit the SX too.

nouseforaname90
02-27-2006, 05:46 PM
No.. I don't think the SuperTrapp will fit.. I'm not sure though.
And that bike has ALOT of potential. For $200, that was an awesome deal and if I had found that, I would put a little money into it and sell it to someone on here that wants one and will take care of it. Thats just me though..

cragster
02-27-2006, 05:47 PM
Thats a hell of a deal! I would buy it off ya if you were in ohio. It runs i take it?

IrvSLedman
02-28-2006, 12:00 AM
damn, i would give you 200 for it even more im dieing for an X.