PDA

View Full Version : Big Red plow works great

broook
02-25-2006, 10:22 PM
Got to use my plow a few times and it works great even with no tire chains. Manual lift works quicker than the winch but I would like it to lift a couple of inches higher for backing up.

350x'inNY
02-26-2006, 11:22 PM
Got to use my plow a few times and it works great even with no tire chains. Manual lift works quicker than the winch but I would like it to lift a couple of inches higher for backing up.

I'm getting closer to getting mine out. I picked up some Cycle Country tire chains to go with my CycleCountry Plow!:beer

I also got the battery charged up properly and all my "electrical" issues seemed to disappear. Now I just need more snow and to get that lil piece mounted down by the motor for my reverse cable.

Bruce

chris200x
02-26-2006, 11:29 PM
Hey guys I'm just a little curious as to what winches you are running on the front rack there. seems like there are alot of cheaper ones on ebay these days. One called the "viper" I think can be bought easily for $100. I know you get what you pay for but like I said I'm just a little curious.

broook
02-27-2006, 08:36 AM
The problem with useing the winch on a trike is that when you lift the blade you cannot turn thr handlebars because you have the weight of the blade on the cable. With a quad this is not a problem. I only use the winch when I have to raise the blade high to get in and out of the shed etc. The hand and foot controls are much faster and easier to handle when set up right. The winch by the way was from COSTCO Canada. $70-00. 2000lb. Working ok for the last 2 years hauling me through the bogs in the fall before freezup. :)

kvinnie
05-01-2006, 05:01 AM
Hi,guys.i Plan On Buying A Big Red Soon.i Was Hoping I Could Plow My Driveway With It This Fall.my Question Is Would The 250 Be Alot Better Than The 200 Big Red For Pushing Snow?i Live In Atlantic Canada Where We Get Lots Of Show.everyone Tells Me To Get A Forwheeler But I Have Always Liked Bigreds.buy The Way Pictures Look Great.

ScottZJ
05-01-2006, 07:24 AM
The 250ES would be much better with the plow than the 200. It has more power, a killer low end gear, and is heavier (to keep traction better).

broook
05-01-2006, 08:04 PM
Hi,guys.i Plan On Buying A Big Red Soon.i Was Hoping I Could Plow My Driveway With It This Fall.my Question Is Would The 250 Be Alot Better Than The 200 Big Red For Pushing Snow?i Live In Atlantic Canada Where We Get Lots Of Show..

I used the 250es with my plow and it works very well. Lot better than pushing a snow shovel at my age. I would imagine chains would be an advantage but i didn`t have to use them. Good tires are a must though. Just remember to back up a bit before you try to lift the blade. I actually enjoyed clearing the snow this year. if i had known how much easier it was with a plow I would have had one years ago. We get lots of snow here in Newfoundland.

thefox
05-01-2006, 08:13 PM
Hi,guys.i Plan On Buying A Big Red Soon.i Was Hoping I Could Plow My Driveway With It This Fall.my Question Is Would The 250 Be Alot Better Than The 200 Big Red For Pushing Snow?i Live In Atlantic Canada Where We Get Lots Of Show.everyone Tells Me To Get A Forwheeler But I Have Always Liked Bigreds.buy The Way Pictures Look Great.

If you do settle for a 200 make sure it is the 200ES, the 200E does not have reverse.

BigGreenMachine
05-01-2006, 08:57 PM
Oh wow another islander! Hey Broook, what part of the island do you hail from?

kvinnie
05-02-2006, 05:09 AM
I Think I Will Get The 250 Es,seems Like The Better Choice.if It Can Push Snow In Nlfd It Will Do The Job Here.nfld Gets The Biggest Snow Storms In Canada.pictures On The News Look Crazy.can You Still Buy Parts From Dealers For The Big Red?or Do You Have To Hunt Them Down On E-bay? Thanks

broook
05-02-2006, 07:08 AM
Oh wow another islander! Hey Broook, what part of the island do you hail from?
New Harbour Trinity Bay. I think I was talking to you a couple of years ago. I believe you are from around Burin????

broook
05-02-2006, 07:12 AM
.can You Still Buy Parts From Dealers For The Big Red?or Do You Have To Hunt Them Down On E-bay? Thanks

No Problem with parts for the 250es. That engine was used in a number of Honda`s. Lots of aftermarket parts also.