PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever use this oil..??

nouseforaname90
02-25-2006, 05:39 PM
http://s2.supload.com/thumbs/default/100_0437.JPG (http://s2.supload.com/free/100_0437.JPG/view/)

I went to my local store to buy some 2-stroke oil and they had 3 choices:
Penzoil 2-stroke oil
Valvoline (I think thats what it was) 2-stroke oil
And this stuff that I got
Lucas semi-synthetic High Temperature Racing Oil

Has anyone ever used it before and is it good? The Valvoline stuff was $3 bucks per quart (I thought that was quite cheap..).. is the Valvoline stuff good?? And I paid $3.70 per 16oz. of this Lucas stuff because the guy said it was the best that they carried. So does anyone know if it is good oil? And if the Valvoline oil is good?
Ben

Rm250RF900R
02-25-2006, 06:51 PM
I'm pretty sure Lucas is a good oil company so I imaging that stuff is good. Try to find a full synthetic oil. Burns a lot cleaner and seems to give it a little more power. Well, Atleast my RM loves it.

nouseforaname90
02-25-2006, 09:13 PM
I was going to get a full synthetic, but all they had was regular oil and semi-synthetic.. so I got semi synthetic..
And it does seem to give it a little more oomf than the regular oil I was running..

chris200x
02-25-2006, 09:22 PM
I never used the 2 stroke oil but Lucas is top of the line IMO. I put the oil additive in my sx when i changed the oil. The stuff is super thick and is supposed to double oil life. so if the additive is good I'm sure all their products are. I'm just curious though is that real thick as well or do you run it straight with the gas?

nouseforaname90
02-25-2006, 09:30 PM
You pre-mix it with the gas. I think that chart on the back goes up to 100:1, but I would NEVER go that thin. I'm running 32:1 right now until I figure out if it is good enough to run 50:1.. lol. It definately seems to be working. I ran about half a tank of gas mixed 20:1 with Husquavarna 2-stroke oil that my dad uses for his chain saw, and after switching from it to this, it seems to have a little more get-up-and-go.

MTS
02-25-2006, 09:56 PM
You pre-mix it with the gas. I think that chart on the back goes up to 100:1, but I would NEVER go that thin. I'm running 32:1 right now until I figure out if it is good enough to run 50:1.. lol. It definately seems to be working. I ran about half a tank of gas mixed 20:1 with Husquavarna 2-stroke oil that my dad uses for his chain saw, and after switching from it to this, it seems to have a little more get-up-and-go.
After runnin 20:1 you May want to change your plug......probably a little fould up, Lucas makes good oil, I would run it 50:1 no problems if your jetting is good.

nouseforaname90
02-25-2006, 09:58 PM
It wasn't very good oil that I ran at 20:1 (actually I think it was 25:1), but I plan on changing the plug anyway and getting a few new ones to keep around..